Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

weaning

Reply Post New Topic

• wantabelly wantabelly's Avatar 09-07-04 | 05:21 PM
  • Ava's almost 9 months old now, and the thought of weaning her is in the back of my mind.

I don't plan on weaning until she's a year, but I just wanted to know any of your experiences with it. Did you go straight to cow's milk? How did you start the process? TIA!
  • montanachic montanachic's Avatar 09-07-04 | 06:27 PM
  • We still haven't weaned here

He does drink cow's milk though and doesn't nurse as often, we just kept offering it to him.

I don't really know how to wean though sorry, I am not much help.
  • Bethann73 Bethann73's Avatar 09-08-04 | 08:54 AM
  • I am planning on weaning around 11 months. We will start by offering cow's milk here and there with his solids next month sometime.

Good Luck weaning.

• EmmaSuesMommy EmmaSuesMommy's Avatar 09-08-04 | 11:44 AM
  • My children have self weaned for one reason or anohter, SO i have never reallly weaned a child. but i can tell you that my friend has weaned 2 children, and she idd it by cuttingt he sleepy time feeds first. one at a time, that way the baby didnt associate nursing with going to sleep, she said it was pretty easy after that. Good luck
  • :domesticgoddess: :domesticgoddess:'s Avatar 09-08-04 | 01:21 PM
  • I am going to let my dd self-wean as long as my health holds out. So far she is almost 14 months and going strong.

I think you would probably start offering something else to replace one feeding per day, and then gradually replace more nursing time with the cup. I don't recommend going to a bottle as a 1 year old can handle a sippy cup just fine.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work