Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

why....

Reply Post New Topic

• Amber22 Amber22's Avatar 09-09-04 | 09:43 PM
  • after nursing for 6 months, are my nipples getting raw? it is so darn painful, i never went through this, once i started nursing it was smooth sailing, no sorness no rawness, nothing, so why now? it was so bad they were bleeding.. she has no teeth, and has not been nursing anymore then normal, and its only on one side.. the other side is alittle sore, but nothing like the other.. it hurts so bad i dont want to nurse her on that side, but i know i have to, it makes me just want to scream.. i have been putting lanolin on it, but it dont seem to be helping.. please any advice would be great!
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 09-09-04 | 09:59 PM
  • hmm... might it be thrush?
  • Amber22 Amber22's Avatar 09-09-04 | 10:11 PM
  • we have had thrush before, and it isnt, as far as i can see there is no signs of it..
  • EmmaSuesMommy EmmaSuesMommy's Avatar 09-10-04 | 02:27 AM
  • Whenbabies start getting older and a bit more active, they have a tendancy to get lazy with the latch. you may want to make sure she is on correctly, and that she is not "playing" for lack of a better word, when she nurses.

I have the same thing with emma who is 7 months, and on one side I was realy raw, but we had to start going onto a antoher room to nurse since she would pop onand off, the when she came on she did have a proper latch
    Good luck
  • :domesticgoddess: :domesticgoddess:'s Avatar 09-10-04 | 02:31 AM
  • Sounds like thrush to me....

Might just be toofers...

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work