Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

2007 Goals

Reply Post New Topic

• tammiane tammiane's Avatar 01-03-07 | 12:37 PM
  • We plan on building back our savings that we lost paying the mortgage for a year on our last house. Dh is taking a lot of sidework, and unfortunately will be traveling a lot more, but we're deteremined to save as much as we can.

We also need to payoff a credit card that we opened to pay bills when the money got too tight. We havent had any debt (aside from a mortgage) in a couple of years so this one hurts. We plan to have it paid off by summer.

Other than that we are just in discussions on wether or not we'll build a house or buy an old one and remodel it. We won't be purchasing a home this year since we have to rebuild our $$ but the plan is to start building or looking for one already built by summer of 2008.

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 01-03-07 | 12:46 PM
  • Tammi--did you guys sell the other house??? Did I miss something?

We're still praying like crazy around here that you sell it--did our prayers "work"?

• wagnerkr wagnerkr's Avatar 01-09-07 | 09:14 PM
  • Our big goal is to work on paying down our credit card debt and figure out how to live on just DH's income without using the cards further. We'll pay off as much as we can with our income tax return this year and then use what we were paying to the various cards to agressively knock down some of the other balances.
    We recently rolled my 401k to a traditional IRA & next year we may try to roll it to a Roth IRA. We changed homeowners insurance just before the end of the year and are getting much better coverage for a little less than what we were paying. The next step is to address my current life insurance policy since my term coverage expires on my birthday this year so we will need to get that updated. We will also hopefully get a will in place as I'd hate for anything to happen to us and leave no provision for how we want Lucas to be taken care of. I think that's about it, but its a lot of stuff to work on. It's overwhelming at times and there are nights when I lose sleep trying to figure out how to pay the bills and me continue to be a SAHM.
  • Oreo Oreo's Avatar 01-09-07 | 11:16 PM
  • We are in the middle of refinancing our house and we will not be out of debt, but our high-interest credit card balances will be rolled-into the tax-deductible mortgage and out of 29% interest. This will also lower our house payment by about $750/month and get rid of about $900/mo in credit card payments. Yes, we will owe more on the house, but it will all be more managable and I may even start breathing again soon.
    On a lighter note, I may just get to replace the hair dryer I have had since my sophomore year in HS -- that's 1987. I'm thinking of using some of my splurge money from the budget on a decent one from Wal-Mart!!! Wahoo!!!
    We will have to save $$$ -- my leased Odyssey van needs to be turned-in come November. The bummer about a lease is that you never have a trade as a down-payment. Or I could just buy it out, but I'm not sure that's a good deal. Gotta check Dave Ramsey and the bluebook on this one.

The ultimate goal -- once all the refinance figures are in -- build a budget and stick to it! I know I can -- I know I can-- I know I can!

-- But can DH?

• LAB LAB's Avatar 01-10-07 | 04:08 AM

•  
    Hi ladies! I just spent the evening reading through pages of back posts and love the support here! We've always lived by scrapping by and my DH now is graduated and has a nice job now after nearly a yr of unemployment. We just set up a budget for the next two weeks, monthly and yearly and so far its going great! We're going to get credit card debt and medical bills and such paid off. I'm the queen of cutting out expenses and we've agreed to continue on our present course and take the extra money and get out of debt! We hope to be out by the end of the yr

I hope this works!

It really sucks sometimes to have so little money, but I can do this for another yr! My girls don't mind mommy made clothes and I really love sewing for them. Its nice that they are young and don't know that clothing comes from a store and their clothing fabric comes from clearance bins and 50% off coupons!

We don't have tv into our home, so that cuts down a lot in wanting things as well. My girls don't know what's out there in forms of toys and neither do I for the most part!

I think I'm going to need serious motivation to make it through this yr! It will be so nice to be out of debt and able to save for a house and a second car. Then we could have another baby or two!!!!! Totally worth it, but I think it was easier to live on nothing when I didn't have a choice

Laura

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work