Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

2007 Goals

Reply Post New Topic

• Oreo Oreo's Avatar 01-10-07 | 10:36 AM
  • Hi Laura!
    Welcome!! You sure will get lots of support here!! I wish I could sew. My mom is a master seamstress and makes GORGEOUS stuff, but I can only sew pillows and straigth lines!

Sounds like you have a strong hold on your decision and that is definately half the battle! I bet you'll show us all!
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 01-10-07 | 11:04 AM
  • Hi Laura!

We've been living on our strict Dave Ramsey budget for exactly 12 months now and we have seen our debt cut in HALF in that amount of time. We started with $32,000 debt (credit cards & car loan) and we just checked it today and we're down to $15,000 on the one last card into which we rolled our other cards. This is a ZERO percent interest card, which is a huge reason we've been able to get this far in this amount of time.

But the biggest reason we've cut $17,000 off of our debt burden is because of the budget.

It's definitely NOT easy to live on a tight, tight budget, but iin a way, it's easier than how we were living before. Because we now budget, we KNOW that our bills are paid, our children are fed and clothed, and we'll be able to cover an emergency if should one arise. What a relief! So I don't regret living on this budget, albeit tight and a bit uncomfortable; I wouldn't trade the debt for any of the ways we were living before we started this plan.

If you need support or to vent about budget woes, you've found the right place!

We're all doing this together and we're so glad you've come on board!

It really does take baby steps to get to a full-running pace, so starting slowly is the way to go!!

• Janine Janine's Avatar 01-10-07 | 05:51 PM
  • Our financial goals for this year are 1. Pay off all the credit cards, and keep them paid off 2.Pay off my car to afford a newer car for DH 3. get DH life insurance 4. To be able to pay off all monthly bills with DH's paychecks, so my checks can go for food, gas and entertainment!

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work