Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Coupons, Savings & Money Matters >
Anyone else clawing their way back?

Anyone else clawing their way back?

Reply Post New Topic

• Spencersmom Spencersmom's Avatar 08-25-06 | 09:18 PM
  • We got into deep trouble a few years back when DP got diagnosed with Cancer & I got cut from FT to PT and then laid off. I ended up working with a trustee and paying out a Consumer Proposal. A proposal is the step before bankruptsy, you go through the courts and you and all your creditors negotiate what you will pay back. I ended up paying $46,000 back to creditors (cc & credit line debts) and we are now one month away from discharge. We have lived on cash only for the past 3.5 years and it has been a real learning experience and very humbling. Once discharged, I will still have my credit rating flagged for 3 yrs but can work to improve it during that time. One thing I do know is I will never ever ask for a credit card amount for more than I think I can safely handle and I will only ever have one card...I think I had over 10 on the proposal.
  • Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 08-25-06 | 09:27 PM

•  
    We are! I posted on the other message how much we are in debt. I don't count our home, because if that sold we would actually make a ton of money, we still owe $92,000, bought it for 95K, but it is listing right now at $265,000. Anyway the biggest part of our debt is my student loans. Granted I needed to put myself through college and if I hadn't I would have the job I have now, but we need to get rid of that debt asap.
  • range range's Avatar 08-25-06 | 09:42 PM
  • wow one more month that is great..

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work