Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Bail or no bail?

Reply Post New Topic

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 10-01-08 | 05:43 PM
  • What are your thoughts about the failed bail out plan and the possibility of a new bail out plan?

How has the current market unsteadiness affected your daily living?
  • Keepers Keepers's Avatar 10-01-08 | 06:03 PM
  • No bail and it has not affected me at all at the moment.
  • 3Princes 10-01-08 | 08:08 PM
  • Im undecided on bail. I realize there are "budgets" for certain things and you can't just pull money from a certain place, however, the space program costs a ridiculous amount of money each year. I realize the importance of it and all, but seriously, a ridiculous amount of money. I'm not in love with the bailout plan, but we spend money on dumber things.

I buy less, and think we "need" less. Instead of charging things becasue "we'll have the money in x weeks" we just wait till we have the money to buy the things. We've been staying in more and finding cheaper things to do more often. I don't know how much of that is economy related and how much is that we're going through some change in our family and I don't want to screw up this opportunity.

It's really affecting the fact that we can't sell our house and move to a bigger one.

Really I feel bad for my mom. She's been saving forever and her stuff isn't worth nearly as much as it was.

Last edited by 3Princes; 10-01-08 at 08:11 PM..
  • brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 10-02-08 | 11:17 AM
  • It hasn't really affected us at all...
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 10-02-08 | 04:31 PM
  • no bail.
    The market needs to be corrected. Best to let the chips fall where they will without government interference.

It doesn't have much to do with me individually, but more of my whole theory on economies. If we tout ourselves as having a government with a free market the way we say we do -- then the government should NOT step in to bail out the businesses.
    Its going to be tough, but the market has been overly inflated beyond what it should for quite some time and it needs to level back out to reasonable levels.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work