Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

best deal/money saved

Reply Post New Topic

• Sheri Sheri's Avatar 11-27-09 | 05:54 PM
  • Not quite sure how to word this... what is the best deal or most amount of money ever saved on something (anything big or small)?
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 11-29-09 | 02:15 AM
  • I don't know about best ever savings but just yesterday I bought a 5 qt. Crock Pot at CVS. It was on sale from $24.99 to $19.99 with $10 ECB back. Then when I was at the counter to pay, the cashier pulled out their coupon book and since I'd spent more than $25 (I bought a few candy bars, too, for stocking stuffers--they were free after ECB), she pulled out a $4 ECB coupon for me.

So I got the Crock Pot (a replacement for a friend's because hers broke at our house) for $5.99!!

• Sheri Sheri's Avatar 11-29-09 | 10:40 AM
  • That's a great deal, Deanna!

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 11-29-09 | 02:26 PM
  • I was thinking about it last night and I think our biggest money saver was getting our van on Craigslist. We had paid off our car and were trying to sell it for $8900.

I found a person in the next state selling a van for the same amount. I wrote him and asked him about the van and told him we were trying to sell our car. I told him that if he still had the van when we sold our car, we'd be interested in his van.

Through a series of emails, we decided to trade cars--even. So we drove to a po-dunk little bar in a nowhere town and traded titles. We drove away in a $9,000 van without any money changing hands. It was a great feeling!!

We're still driving that van today, three years later.
  • Sheri Sheri's Avatar 11-29-09 | 02:44 PM
  • We did that too, Deanna!
    dh traded his truck (even trade) for a small car. The truck was more of a "toy" that he never got to use for fun (and was very uncomfortable to drive

). The car is much more economical on gas. He only needed a vehicle to get back and forth to work in, about 5 ish minutes from home. He had to put a little work into the car but it's still going strong, 2 yrs later. It was a great deal for us too.