Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Budget check-in time

Reply Post New Topic

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 01-24-07 | 12:37 PM
  • So, how's the budgeting going? I know some of us have been budgeting for a long time and some of us just recently started.

Let's hear some success stories--and those stories that could use a little encouragement, too!

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 01-24-07 | 12:41 PM
  • This is a hard time in our budget. DH got paid on the 12th, but that means that we had to last until the 31st on the same amount of money that usually lasts 15 days or so. So it's definitely tighter than we'd like, but we're managing.

Otherwise, thanks to The Total Money Makeover, which we've been doing for a full 12 months now, we've paid off $18,000 in debt!!!

So a little squeeze in the budget is definitely worth it!!
  • Janine Janine's Avatar 01-24-07 | 12:43 PM

•  
    Ours is working out really well this month! At the begining of the month we just didn't see how we were going to make it to February because thinsg seemed so tight even with getting the extra money to pay off credit cards...but it has made such a huge difference already! We've even found that we have a little money to play around with. It really helped being iced in for a week and not using gas or going out to eat! Next month looks even better! Now we might be able to take care of some much needed things, likes new glasses/contacts for me.
    I'm actually even looking forward to doing taxes to see how much we will have to pay off bills with!
  • Janine Janine's Avatar 01-24-07 | 12:46 PM
  • Oh yeah..and I even got DH really on board now...At first he was really offended when I wanted to tone down his plans for Valentines Day, but now he can see how much better it will be next year if we can stick this out this year!
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 01-24-07 | 12:54 PM

•  
    Keep it up, Janine! You'll find yourselves in a much better financial position before you know it!!!

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work