Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Cell phones

Reply Post New Topic

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 06-19-09 | 04:33 PM
  • Let's talk about cell phones.

:

What provider do you use?
    Do you pay-as-you-go or have a minute plan?
    If you have a minute plan, how many minutes are in your plan?
    How many minutes do you actually use?
    How much do you pay/month for your cell phone?
  • Janine Janine's Avatar 06-19-09 | 06:20 PM
  • We have a plan with AT&T. I had it for a long time so it's a pretty good deal. It's 800 minutes. The base price is $79 but we have 2 phones, one is an Iphone so we have the bugger media packages plus insurance. Our bill is usually around $120/mo. We don't usually use 800 minutes, but at least they roll over and we've tried dropping down to less minutes, but the 500 minute base price is higher.
    We don't have a land line phone though.
  • teddybear1082 teddybear1082's Avatar 06-19-09 | 08:44 PM
  • I have verizon and use hardly any minutes since almost everyone I call is in network. I have a plan that was renewed from a long time ago, so I have advantages, like not paying per megabyte if I add on internet-even though I don't yhave internet on my phone, I know I will go that route eventually, and that apparently saves a ton and is no longer available in newer plans. I also need to keep the number for the same reasons I need to keep my email address-can you bring you number with you when you go to pay as you go or do you get a new one??

Oh, it is about $50 a month for 500 minutes or so and 250 text mesages a month.
  • Oreo Oreo's Avatar 06-20-09 | 03:04 PM
  • We have Verizon wireless.

Our plan is about $59/mo. for both phones plus all the dang taxes!! Those bring it to about $70 or so.

We don't have a texting plan so we don't do it.
    We have never run out of minutes. I have no clue how many the plan actually has.
  • Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 06-20-09 | 03:38 PM
  • We have Verizon and we do have a texting/data plan with our minutes, I think we have 500 minutes and 500 texts/pics per phone. It may seem like a lot but Dh and I don't see a lot of eachother and we text a lot while he is a work. We also send eachother and our families tons of pics of the kids from our phones.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work