Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Consignment Selling

Reply Post New Topic

• teddybear1082 teddybear1082's Avatar 10-14-09 | 02:50 PM
  • Anyone do this? I was looking online and saw a site for a HUGE sale that happens 4 times a year in my area (2 sales for kids items, 2 for adult and home stuff). You set the prices and print out the tickets, and you get 60% back. Is that good? They send you a check based on the bar-coded tags you put on your items within days of the end of the sale. You can even check on your sales online.

I registered and started looking around my house-I was going to do a clear out to make room for baby 2 anyway! My mom also said she has 2 bags of clothes I can sell that she was going to send off to be donated anyway, so that is a start! I also have a ton of books, coats, sporting goods, random stuff etc, but not enough for a garage sale.

Any tips from the BTDT crowd?
  • Jen_C Jen_C's Avatar 10-14-09 | 02:54 PM
  • A lot of times they will ask if you want to donate the items that don't sale. In the past I have donated some, but not all my items. So once the sale is over you have to go hunt down all your stuff. One trick is to tie a piece of ribbon or string (with the same color) on the hangers of your items so they are easier to find.

Also 60% back is pretty good. Good luck - it is a decent amount of work to get everything hung and tagged, but it's worth it.
Thank you Jen_C!
teddybear1082 (10-14-09)
  • teddybear1082 teddybear1082's Avatar 10-14-09 | 03:11 PM
  • I think I will donate it all, since that is where it was originally headed anyway-but thanks for the tip!
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 10-14-09 | 04:38 PM
  • That sounds like a pretty good deal. Let us know how it goes!!

Thank you Dopey406!
teddybear1082 (10-14-09)
  • Janine Janine's Avatar 10-15-09 | 01:19 AM
  • I used to do it, but it is a time consuming process.
Thank you Janine!
teddybear1082 (10-15-09)