Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Economy gripe

Reply Post New Topic

• Janine Janine's Avatar 10-10-08 | 10:29 AM
  • What is really amazing to me in this economy problem is how quickly and aggressively banks are going after late payments! Dh and I have never been late on our housepayment before but I have had some problems with my disability paperwork since I broke my leg and I've been out of work for 6 weeks already and haven't gotten any of my disability payments yet. All of ours bills are due at the begining of the month, so we decided that the best way to handle it was to let the mortgage slide to the middle of the month this time so we can pay everything else on time, and by midmonth, we should have the checks we've been waiting on. So as of right now, we are 10 days late. For the last week the bank has been calling us muliple times a day and even called Dh's parents because they were references on our loan!

• MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 10-10-08 | 01:33 PM

•  

Yuck! I hate those collection people! And the ones at the mortgage company are sometimes retards and very rude....I know, I used to work at a BIG mortgage company. (one of the failed ones in fact...glad I got laid off before that happened, lol!) I got my short-term disability check in one lump sum not different payments-did the disability people give you a time frame?

Good luck!

• Janine Janine's Avatar 10-10-08 | 03:44 PM
  • No unfortunately. I was supposed to be getting checks ever 2 weeks but the

in my doctors office was evidently not sending the form in because I did not have a release on file, but when I called to ask, did not tell me I didn't have a release on file, and then argued with me today when I brought the form in by hand ( on crutches) about when I am going backk to work even though the doctor has already told me I can go back to work. My boss and I agreed to wait a few more weeks until I am able to put weight on my foot. So now....because she refused to put my return to work date on the form, I am going to have to have a second form filled out just to be allowed to return to work!

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 10-10-08 | 05:13 PM
  • That sucks. Unfortunately, the wheels haven't stopped grining in this situation and the banks are relying even more heavily on mortage payments to make their own ends meet. Since they have no credit elsewhere, this is where they get their meal money.

I'm sorry you're having such an awful time. I hope they figure it out soon and you get that check ASAP!

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work