Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Flex Spending Accounts

Reply Post New Topic

• MrsPook MrsPook's Avatar 05-17-07 | 11:23 PM
  • This is our first year for using it for childcare expenses and so far we are loving it too!
  • addygirl addygirl's Avatar 05-18-07 | 10:13 AM
  • Quote de DCnanny
    The money is payroll deducted so I never see or feel it go. Then I pay daycare, get the receipt, turn it in and they send a check. I put all the checks in my kids' saving account.
    Mine is payroll deduct also! I love that I don't have to worry about it. GREAT IDEA to put it in the kids account. Never thought of that.

... Believe it or not, we don't use the medical. I'm not sure what ours will pay us back for..... I probably should check into it. I just hate the use it/lose it part!
    Check into this! You can cover all co-pays for doc, hospital visits, er trips and even prescriptions. Plus, the OTC list is HUGE! The OTC part is a bit more difficult with having to save the receipts, but I just have a folder on my desk at home and highlight the medical type items (cold meds, etc.) and put the receipt in the folder. I wait and submit my med. part all at once for a lump sum reimbursement.
  • Emery Emery's Avatar 05-18-07 | 10:21 AM
  • I should probably have Ed sign up for this. We go to the doctors a lot in our house it seems.
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 05-18-07 | 01:13 PM
  • yeah, it adds up so fast!

Sarah has to go to the Dr every month, then there's the OTHER appointments that we have to go to for the odd things.

We're pretty good about saving receipts so the OTC deductions are a snap.
  • teddybear1082 teddybear1082's Avatar 05-18-07 | 08:38 PM
  • I know I am eligible for one starting in January, but I will be out on maternity, so I will have to wait until I go back.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work