Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

How did you all do?

Reply Post New Topic

• Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 12-31-06 | 01:05 AM
  • How did you all do with Christmas?
    Did you stay away from you cc?
    Did you stick to your budget?

This year was the first time we had money set aside especially for Christmas. It was awesome because we got our shopping done early and we didn't use any cc or dip into our savings! I am so proud of us. We had a great Christmas and aren't having any buyers remorse.

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 12-31-06 | 06:02 PM
  • We also didn't use CC. We haven't used them in over 3 years, so it's a non-issue for us anymore. We cash-flowed Christmas by starting a savings early. We were able to afford more things for the girls this year because we didn't wait until the last minute, so it was fun to see them enjoy a few more gifts than usual (last year we only bought each girl 3 things).

Andy and I used some of our Christmas money to buy a new digital camera, so we are enjoying that. Our old one was on the fritz and it was definitely time for something new.

We had a great Christmas and are looking forward to reaching our DEBT-FREE goal for 2007!!!!!!
  • Janine Janine's Avatar 12-31-06 | 07:23 PM
  • We did pretty good.We didn't go as far over budget as I was afraid we would. We did put about $100 on the CC's but we are paying them all off in January, so no harm, no foul.
    I am with you Deanna! I can't wait to have those babies paid off and start working on paying off my car!

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work