Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Coupons, Savings & Money Matters >
How are those budgets coming along?

How are those budgets coming along?

Reply Post New Topic

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 05-14-07 | 09:52 AM
  • Those of you doing budgets, how's that going?

Can we help you with anything?

What is your biggest budgeting challenge?

Is DH/SO on board with the budget?

Are you sticking to the budget?

• Janine Janine's Avatar 05-14-07 | 11:07 AM
  • Those of you doing budgets, how's that going?
    Ours is going pretty good. We are getting everything paid and on time, and still doing debt reduction.

Can we help you with anything? I think we're good right now.

What is your biggest budgeting challenge? Kimmie's Daycare! It's is drop in care so it varies and my ex reimburses me 2/3, but sometimes he takes a while to get that to me, and I have only been budgeting in the 1/3 that I pay. Last week was rough, but thankfully, school will be out in 3 weeks and it won't be an issue anymore.

Is DH/SO on board with the budget? Yeah it took a while to convince him, but he's on board now.

Are you sticking to the budget? Pretty much. We had to use the credit card a few times lately because of unexpected emergencies (like me going to the ER) But we already have it budgeted to pay off again next month.
  • LAB LAB's Avatar 05-14-07 | 05:52 PM
  • We're doing good! Got a good emergency fund going now and debt is going down every month like we want it too. We're spending less then we are bringing in and its a great feeling to not be living paycheck to paycheck like we always have!

I've taken on some sewing projects to help pay for a vacation that we want. My father (who I haven't seen since the day I got married nearly 8 yrs ago!) offered to pay for our hotel room for a week on the beach this summer for a family reunion. We have to pay for gas to get there, food and staying in Vegas as a 1/2 way point. He sent me $200 for my birthday as well, and that money is going into our vacation fund (will nearly pay for the hotel in Vegas for 3 nights as I would like to stay an extra day for DH's Father's day present). We'll have the money up by the time we go. I don't want to get into debt to go have a week of fun, but we really want to go and are working towards it!

We've also got Nicole's birthday party coming up this Saturday and I'm making the favors vs. buying all the little junk things. It will be way cheaper and I think more fun. I'm making little simple pull string pouches/purses and putting chocolate coins in them for Princess party favors! Once the chocolate is gone, then they'll have a pretty satin pouch to hold their treasures in!

Laura

• Oreo Oreo's Avatar 05-14-07 | 10:21 PM
  • We are doing ok -- but spring is killing me -- yard fertilizer, thatching, flowers, new lawn mower, etc... We live in a neighborhood with an association and we have to keep it up! I think I'd like to put concrete over the lawn some days!

I've done extra work at work for extra pay this school year, so I can pay down a bit of debt and pay for a town pool membership this year for the kids.

Except for the spring $$ we are doing much better since we rearranged the debt and are paying it down.

• whalj99 05-15-07 | 11:40 PM
  • Hello thought I'd post our budget busters of late. We went on vacation for 10 days and spent about $1200 which is around the amount we planned for. My hubby works retail so he gets bonuses and we use those to pay our car insurance premium and our vacations. Well since we couldn't wait to take a vacation until after we received the bonus we used our amex card. Then on the way home hubby had extreme mouth pain and had to have emergency dental surgery. Another $600 and he'll have his other appt still in two weeks which is another $215. So at this point with car insurance and the vacation plus unexpected teeth issues we've definately broke our no credit card rule, and also busted the budget. But we know once the bonus check is here we'll be paying everything in full. So that brings us back to no credit card debt period. I don't think we'll ever take a vacation on credit again. You never know what could happen!!! LOL. We've only been without serious credit card debt for almost a year. You'd think we'd have learned our lesson. It took us almost 7 years to dig out of the credit card pit so why would we willingly go back..... Anyway we definately have to get back on track. We're not spending on anything that isn't a regular bill, food, or gas. So here's to my summer long spending freeze. Sorry this is so long just wanted to share. Hope you ladies are doing well with the budgets.
    Love in Christ
    Amanda

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work