Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Man I'm Pissed!

Reply Post New Topic

• raabta01 raabta01's Avatar 02-28-11 | 12:44 PM
  • Long story short:

Last year I got a tax refund for around $4700.

Things were pretty much the same this year other than the addition of Alicia. Sooo, I planned on getting at least $4000 back this year.

Just got a call from the accountant and for a variety of reasons I'm getting back roughly $1000.

I know something is definitley better than nothing and there are probably a lot of people who would be extatic to get an extra $1000. It's not that I'm not grateful for the $100, our problem is we "counted our chickens before they hatched".

I was planning on paying off some debts, putting some away for saving and the kicker; tearing up the carpet in the living room and dining room and putting down wood floors.

I guess next year I'll be more cautious and not have the money "spent" before I even have it!
  • teddybear1082 teddybear1082's Avatar 02-28-11 | 03:01 PM
  • Ugh-that stinks! I have been there! Dh and I went through years of thinking our withholdings were ok and needing to pay once tax time came around. Something about our individual salaries putting us in a certain bracket, but the total taken together "bumped us up". It really stinks when you expect a certain amount and get much less!!
    I personally would rather get nothing back and have the money in my paycheck, but that is another story for another thread!
  • savannah33 savannah33's Avatar 02-28-11 | 03:15 PM
  • Sorry that's really a kick to find out at this point. Hopefully you can save some up and still do some of your projects.
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 02-28-11 | 03:26 PM
  • Wow, that's a big difference.

I'm with Beth. We try to make it even so we don't get much, if anything, back. This year we actually OWE for the first time ever...but only $88. So we almost hit the nail on the head.
  • raabta01 raabta01's Avatar 02-28-11 | 03:32 PM
  • All in all that's what happened, I got more back monthly, which I don't mind at all.

What pisses me off is we planned on the larger amount and had some things we really wanted and needed to do. It's totally my fault for not keeping tabs on all the tax stuff.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work