Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Coupons, Savings & Money Matters >
monthly food amount (not groceries)

monthly food amount (not groceries)

Reply Post New Topic

• ChristaMc ChristaMc's Avatar 08-31-06 | 09:54 AM
  • I have read that some of you put aside a certain amount a month for extra food...like $20-30. My questoin is: Is that $20-30 per adult? or is that for both of you? Thanks

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 08-31-06 | 09:59 AM
  • We put $20-30 in a Dining Out envelope twice a month. That's for our whole family of four. It's not meant for a sit-down type restaurant. We like to grab a quick drive-through dinner sometimes on our way to a park or something; or sometimes instead of making baked potatoes at home, DH will stop at Wendy's on the way from work and pick up some--so we allot for that.

IF we plan to go to a sit-down restaurant (as was the case last week for our anniversary that got the kabash because of Charlotte's medical emergency), we make a separate envelope for it.
  • ChristaMc ChristaMc's Avatar 08-31-06 | 10:03 AM
  • so overall you allow anywhere from 40-60 a month for everyone to eat "quickie meals"......which we eat those alot.
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 08-31-06 | 10:05 AM
  • Yes, that's correct.
  • DEE DEE's Avatar 08-31-06 | 10:13 AM
  • We spend about $50-$75 a week eating out (just me and my DH). We usually go out somewhere like Applebee's, Olive Garden, Friday's, etc. for dinner once a week, we usually get fast food like Subway or Taco Bell once a week and we go out to breakfast at our favorite family restuarant either Saturday or Sunday morning.