Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Coupons, Savings & Money Matters >
monthly food amount (not groceries)

monthly food amount (not groceries)

Reply Post New Topic

• ChristaMc ChristaMc's Avatar 08-31-06 | 09:54 AM
  • I have read that some of you put aside a certain amount a month for extra food...like $20-30. My questoin is: Is that $20-30 per adult? or is that for both of you? Thanks

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 08-31-06 | 09:59 AM
  • We put $20-30 in a Dining Out envelope twice a month. That's for our whole family of four. It's not meant for a sit-down type restaurant. We like to grab a quick drive-through dinner sometimes on our way to a park or something; or sometimes instead of making baked potatoes at home, DH will stop at Wendy's on the way from work and pick up some--so we allot for that.

IF we plan to go to a sit-down restaurant (as was the case last week for our anniversary that got the kabash because of Charlotte's medical emergency), we make a separate envelope for it.
  • ChristaMc ChristaMc's Avatar 08-31-06 | 10:03 AM
  • so overall you allow anywhere from 40-60 a month for everyone to eat "quickie meals"......which we eat those alot.
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 08-31-06 | 10:05 AM
  • Yes, that's correct.
  • DEE DEE's Avatar 08-31-06 | 10:13 AM
  • We spend about $50-$75 a week eating out (just me and my DH). We usually go out somewhere like Applebee's, Olive Garden, Friday's, etc. for dinner once a week, we usually get fast food like Subway or Taco Bell once a week and we go out to breakfast at our favorite family restuarant either Saturday or Sunday morning.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work