Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

My head is spinning....

Reply Post New Topic

• range range's Avatar 08-29-06 | 07:29 PM
  • I am reading the book The total money makeover you all talk about and boy has it really got me thinking....
  • Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 08-29-06 | 07:36 PM
  • How are you feeling about some of the advice? It is a totally different way than our generation is used to thinking about money isn't it?
  • range range's Avatar 08-29-06 | 08:15 PM
  • It is.
    I am excited I am not too sure though that DH is going to be onboard with me.
    He likes to live now...
    He is a HUGE coffee drinker and gets at least 3 coffee's out a day that is 2.00 a coffee 6.00 a day 30.00 a week and 1,560.00 for 52 weeks. We could make 5 extra princible payments on our morgage a year with that money...

• Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 08-29-06 | 08:18 PM
  • Dh wasn't too on board either until I started showing him things like what you just said about the coffee with Dh.
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 08-29-06 | 09:20 PM
  • Isn't it so simple, yet so revolutionary for our generation. The Latte Factor is killer isn't it??

It has TOTALLY changed the way we manage our money and as anticipated, we will be out of debt in a period of 18 months rather than 4.5 years, which is what we were looking at!

What I like about the book is that after you're out of debt, it gives guidelines for how to grow wealth. It doesn't leave you stranded once you've paid everything off.

One thing that keeps me motivated is to listen to Dave Ramsey each day while I'm here at TBC during the girls' naps. I listen online since he's not on the radio here during a time I'd listen. It's live online which I like. If you go to

and click Listen Live Now at the top right corner each day between 2-5PM, you can listen live, too.

Keep reading--you'll find so many reasons why it's a great way to manage money!

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work