Old 09-22-09, 04:29 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 7.5%

Dh barely tells me anything about bills and budgets and all that. It drives me

and I tell him that all the time!

I do know that he gets paid every other week. The mortgage gets paid in the beginning of the month and I'm pretty sure the other bills (minus water) are paid in the middle or end of the month. Water is paid quarterly. BUT we also get a "rent" check from his brother once a month (after we get the energy bill)bc he lives with us and pays certain amounts on all the bills. It's very confusing and I don't know how dh keeps track of it all!

Old 09-22-09, 04:39 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 5379.38%

Jeanne, yes, his checks will be about $200 less every two weeks than we're used to getting twice/month. So that doesn't help, except in July and November.

I'm really annoyed at the change.

Can you tell?

Old 09-22-09, 08:56 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 151.25%

Mike and I get paid every other week... and it actually is set to where I get paid one week and then Mike gets paid the next... so someone gets paid every week. Mike is salary so we know the very minimal he will get paid and most of the time it's more due to random bonuses. My paycheck varies due to how much I work/don't work. I at least try to work part time hours (I am a scheduled full time employee but I request low census at least once a week!) so that is how we base our bills and expenses. Anything extra I work just goes towards something else.

Old 09-22-09, 10:16 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

we only pay bills twice a month...on the 7th and 22nd second of the month. ( I pay our mortgage that is due on october 1st today the 22nd) we are always a little ahead. I always make sure there is more than enough to cover the bill ahead of time ( does that make sense?)

DH's pay is very erratic...his regular pay is the same every month but he makes a lot of money working aftercare and beforecare at school so that fluctuates depending on if there are days off from school or if it's a short month, etc.. it's NEVER the same every month so i have to budget well

Old 11-30-09, 06:15 PM
is accepting its winter
Community Member

Thanked 89 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

once a month
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools