Baby Corner

Old 02-12-09, 08:59 AM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.11%

We have a ton of change in a big water bottle. A few years ago we cashed it out and had about $300 in it that we took as spending money on vacation. If we need change, we exchange bills for what we take out. I think we will wait a while to cash it out again.

Old 02-12-09, 09:21 AM
is enjoying the warm weather
VIP Member

Thanked 624 Times
Weekly Activity 23.33%

Good for you!!

We've been saving change too!!! It's amazing how fast it accumulates. The first $300 we saved went towards a repair for our vehicle and then we saved almost enough to pay our light bill this month (over $300).

Old 02-12-09, 09:22 AM
is TIRED! why won't these kids sleep through the night??
Community Member

Thanked 17 Times
Weekly Activity 1.11%

we used to do that (my first marriage) and when we devorced and he wasn't paying child support at first, i counted it all up and went cash it in....it was $800!! it paid my rent and some groceries at the time! i was SHOCKED that what didn't look like THAT much turned out to be!!

Old 02-12-09, 11:46 AM
is in love with the new man in her life!
VIP Member

Thanked 179 Times
Weekly Activity 1.11%

The same thing happened to me Rosalind! Had I not had a huge jar of change, I don't know how Kim and I would have eaten those first few months.

Dh and I rarely use cash these days. We use our debit card for almost everything. What little change we have goes into our cars for turnpike tolls.

Old 02-12-09, 12:00 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 67.78%

We pay with cash and try to pay with just bills, sometimes this puts $.10 in your purse and sometimes it puts $.98. We put ours all in a jar in our room and when it is full we cash it in. It is usually about $150-$200 when we do and it only takes 3-4 months to save up that amount. It depends on what is happening at the time we cash it in how we use it, sometimes it is xtra $ for a vacation and sometimes it is for our debt reduction.
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools