Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Saving Change.....

Reply Post New Topic

• teddybear1082 teddybear1082's Avatar 02-12-09 | 08:59 AM
  • We have a ton of change in a big water bottle. A few years ago we cashed it out and had about $300 in it that we took as spending money on vacation. If we need change, we exchange bills for what we take out. I think we will wait a while to cash it out again.
  • Sheri Sheri's Avatar 02-12-09 | 09:21 AM
  • Good for you!!

We've been saving change too!!! It's amazing how fast it accumulates. The first $300 we saved went towards a repair for our vehicle and then we saved almost enough to pay our light bill this month (over $300).

• rosalind9298 rosalind9298's Avatar 02-12-09 | 09:22 AM
  • we used to do that (my first marriage) and when we devorced and he wasn't paying child support at first, i counted it all up and went cash it in....it was $800!! it paid my rent and some groceries at the time! i was SHOCKED that what didn't look like THAT much turned out to be!!
  • Janine Janine's Avatar 02-12-09 | 11:46 AM
  • The same thing happened to me Rosalind! Had I not had a huge jar of change, I don't know how Kim and I would have eaten those first few months.

Dh and I rarely use cash these days. We use our debit card for almost everything. What little change we have goes into our cars for turnpike tolls.
  • Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 02-12-09 | 12:00 PM
  • We pay with cash and try to pay with just bills, sometimes this puts $.10 in your purse and sometimes it puts $.98. We put ours all in a jar in our room and when it is full we cash it in. It is usually about $150-$200 when we do and it only takes 3-4 months to save up that amount. It depends on what is happening at the time we cash it in how we use it, sometimes it is xtra $ for a vacation and sometimes it is for our debt reduction.

Latest Articles

Baby Corner Writer Submission Guidelines

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

December 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

December 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations melissa0718!!

Enter Your Baby's Photo