Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Screwed...

Reply Post New Topic

• jaedrae jaedrae's Avatar 10-10-08 | 09:19 AM
  • I hate to complain about the economy because we have been doing pretty well. My 401K hasn't been hit too hard and I am still 30 years away from retiring so things aren't that bad.

My DH is a lobsterman and of course nobody wants to buy lobsters right now. The dealers are closing their doors! They won't even buy from the lobstermen because they have nowhere to sell them. So some people aren't even going out to fish. Canada buys most of our Maine Lobsters and processes them, but can't right now because of their economy.

Now I understand we are all going to feel the pinch and I am fine with selling for a lower price- BUT the freaking stores and restaurants have NOT lowered their prices. So they are making more money off of this whole mess. If everyone lowered their prices- then they could eat lobster for cheap until our economy gets back on track.

I am just so frustrated and we might be in a pretty awful financial situation soon. Thanks for letting me vent.

• savannah33 savannah33's Avatar 10-10-08 | 09:24 AM

•  
    I think it's going to trickle down to all jobs before long. The only good thing so far is the gas prices are dropping.

BTW - I LOVE Maine, and lobsters. I wish I could get about 10 shipped fresh to me without it costing me $300.

We use to travel up there a lot. My dh and I love Bar Harbor especially and NH is beautiful as well.
Thank you savannah33!
jaedrae (10-10-08)
  • Pumkin Pumkin's Avatar 10-10-08 | 09:47 AM

•  
    Yeah, this whole situations bites.....

If it makes you feel any better (which I'm sure it won't) my dh lost $5,000 in a week in his 401k

I hope we can all get back on our feet soon.
Thank you Pumkin!
jaedrae (10-10-08)
  • Pumkin Pumkin's Avatar 10-10-08 | 09:48 AM
  • Oh and for the record, your right. If the resteraunts would lower their prices I'm sure a lot more people might order it.
Thank you Pumkin!
jaedrae (10-10-08)
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 10-10-08 | 09:50 AM
  • Yeah, DH's 401(k) had lost more than $14,000 last we checked.

But we're also 30 years from retiring so I'm not concerned about that.

Thank you Dopey406!
jaedrae (10-10-08)

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work