Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Tithing?

Reply Post New Topic

• wagnerkr wagnerkr's Avatar 01-19-07 | 01:13 AM
  • Not trying to start a religious debate, but I'm curious if any of you tithe to your church or otherwise give a set amount to charitable organizations.
  • mesbijoux mesbijoux's Avatar 01-19-07 | 03:05 AM
  • Yes, we do. We pay 10% of our gross annual income in tithing. Additionally, we contribute to several charitable organizations

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 01-19-07 | 10:54 AM
  • While we're getting out of debt, we don't tithe as much as we should, but we make up for it by giving our time. We are the editors and layout designers for our parish magazine, I'm starting a ministry for women who have experienced miscarriage, and we work closely with our parish council. We contribute extra during times of need.

I also volunteer about 10+ hours/week with Habitat for Humanity, so we're making contributions to society until we are out of debt and have more cash flow.
  • Oreo Oreo's Avatar 01-19-07 | 01:08 PM
  • Um... uh.... well.....
    We give to the church when we attend (2-3 month -- ie -- when the kids aren't sick, etc...) But we aren't on a set contribution list. I am a school teacher and give a lot to the community through my extra school work, but nothing else like habitat or a community group.
    We should be doing or paying more.
    I feel guilty, but I have to say I don't know where more time or more $$$ would come from right now.

• Janine Janine's Avatar 01-19-07 | 02:10 PM
  • I'd liek to start tithing again....but like you we don't go all that regularly...but I have always volunteered in charitable organizations.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work