Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Coupons, Savings & Money Matters >
weekly payments and a celebration!

weekly payments and a celebration!

Reply Post New Topic

• 3Princes 08-13-09 | 02:27 PM
  • Whoo hoo! We did 12 mos SAC for Josh's new bed. I knew that I didn't want to use "extra money" to pay for it, but pay it off as a part of our regular payments. So I set up weekly payments online, instead of monthly, so it would get paid off quickly! I paid it off today, in 10 weeks!!

I always *said* I'd put extra money on our credit card payment, and on our HELoan, but knew that I wouldn't put on as much as I should. So for the HEL and the credit card, I setup weekly payments too. It seems like less money coming out every week, and if money gets tight I just put off the payment for a couple days (but never delete it).

For our credit card, I make a bigger "chunk" of a payment too, just once a month, along with the weekly payments. Now, I can take the "bed money" and put it on the CC weekly payment. I'm not missing the money now (well yes I am but you know what I mean) so might as well roll it over to the CC! I can't wait to get that paid off, and then we'll be putting over $200 a week on our HEL.

Last edited by 3Princes; 08-13-09 at 02:33 PM..
  • Patience Patience's Avatar 08-13-09 | 04:03 PM
  • That is awesome!!

Feels so good to get that off your chest. Even smaller debts feel so good to be gone.
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 08-17-09 | 04:15 PM
  • Good for you! Keep rockin' it and you'll be all done in no time!!

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work