Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Who knew food shopping

Reply Post New Topic

• teddybear1082 teddybear1082's Avatar 10-19-09 | 08:41 PM
  • could be exciting???
    I recently received a coupon mailer from a local shop rite-a few minutes farther away than I usually go to shop, but the coupons were good, so I have been checking their circular and going once a week. (I am lucky enough to have a ton of shopping very close by-this store is about 8 minutes away-my regular store is about 3).

So, they sent me (4) coupons for $10 off a $40 order-one per week.
    A freebie coupon for each week-free bag of potatoes, free Tropicana OJ, Free dozen eggs and Free half gallon of Friendly's ice cream

I have gone each week and spent just enough to use the $10 coupon and to get the freebie. I have made the $40 order consist mostly of whatever is on sale that week. I have gotten some pretty good buys and I hate to say it, but it was all pretty exciting! I even spent my $40 on things that qualified me for a free set of cookware one week from Proctor and Gamble (shipping was included too!)

My favorite buy for today was a combo pack of meats-(2) 3 pound roasts for pot roast and 3 pounds of stew meat at .99 a pound! I am having cheap pot roast tomorrow with my free potatoes from last week!

I am so upset that the $10 coupons have run out-I will probably keep going back for sale items anyway-I liked the store. I guess the marketing ploy worked!
  • LMB2007 LMB2007's Avatar 10-19-09 | 08:49 PM
  • I love deals like that. I have gotten some really good deals and saved a ton of money hitting sales and using coupons at the same time lately. I have to say, I get really excited about things like that too!!!
  • Patience Patience's Avatar 10-19-09 | 09:13 PM
  • I love my coupons and sales flyers.

Sounds like you got some awesome deals. It really is exciting to save some money on things you want and need.
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 10-19-09 | 11:37 PM
  • Wow--you've made out like a thief!!

Excellent!!

Since you used those coupons, don't be surprised if you get more since they know it worked!

• DanieH DanieH's Avatar 10-27-09 | 03:06 PM
  • I love those coupons! Surprisingly, I dont get them in the mail, but a coworker gives me his and he doesnt even have a shoprite card...Maybe...thats it...mailing it to homes that doesnt have a supercard to get more customers. Never thought of it that way.