Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parent to Parent > Entertainment >
Dawn (dhortonh)

Dawn (dhortonh)

Reply Post New Topic

• rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 01-11-11 | 09:31 AM
  • I saw you posted the number of pages for each of your books on the reading list. Do you have a goal for the pages challenge this year, or should I just leave your goal blank?
  • MrsPook MrsPook's Avatar 01-11-11 | 01:36 PM
  • Nice to see you back around Dawn!
  • dhortonh dhortonh's Avatar 01-24-11 | 03:43 AM
  • Rudi just leave it blank. I don't know how much reading I will be doing with running 2 businesses, being a Girl Scout Leader and keeping up with Natalee's other activities. Thanks Michelle.I am gong to try to show up more often.
  • rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 02-01-11 | 02:14 AM
  • You sound a little busy
  • rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 02-01-11 | 02:17 AM
  • Thanks again to Laura for sending me Scenes from a Holiday by Laurie Graff, Caren Lissner and Melanie Murray. While certainly not a great cerebral tome, it's a fun collection of three short chick-lit novels centered around the holidays. The best one was the Caren Lissner story, another look at the heroine from Carrie Pilby (I think at least Michelle has read that one). Maybe we'll put it on the list for next December!

From Booklist
    Just in time for the holidays, Red Dress Ink offers a compilation of three holiday-themed novellas revolving around Hanukkah, Christmas, and New Year's Eve. Nikki Heller, the heroine of Laurie Graff's tale, is reluctant to marry her devoted boyfriend, Mark, until a knock on the head puts her in a coma, and she finds herself dating some truly bad men and getting to the heart of her fear of committing. Caren Lissner's lovable heroine Carrie Pilby returns, ready for a new chance at love after being dumped by her actor boyfriend. She makes a resolution to find someone more like her, but the result isn't exactly what she bargained for. Melanie Murray's offering finds Emma Townsend leaving New York and her blue-blooded boyfriend to go home to Vermont for Christmas, and she is surprised when the trip reunites her with her high-school crush, reigniting old feelings. Readers will enjoy each of these delightful tales from three strong romance writers. Kristine Huntley