Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Cha-Ching (child mentioned)

Reply Post New Topic

• WestiesMA WestiesMA's Avatar 12-16-04 | 12:55 AM
  • I am excited about my appointment with the RE on Friday, but I tell you this has been a hell month for stress and money issues.

First of all, my father had to go in for emergency surgery to have a vein taken out of his arm and out in his leg (he is diabetic). He is now very depressed since the doctor told him he would probably lose ta least one of his feet within 6-12 months. Then I went on a business trip to Atlanta and pet sitter #2 freaked on me when my oldest dog got some diarrhea. She insisted I come back imemdiately to "deal with my dog". She told me he was desperately ill and should be euthanized. Fortunately, the co-worker who was taking care of my son was able to take him to the vet since the pet sitter "didn't want to deal with it". The vet said he had "slight diarrhea" and "is old". That and the high priced boarding place cost me $400 and LOADS of stress wondering if I would have to bury my dog when I got home.

Then the car needed oxygen sensors, a new ignition system and rear brakes and rotors to the tune of $1950. A week later it needed front brakes and rotors to the tune of $415 (I guess they felt left out from the other repair). Then my son's well-baby visit to the pediatrician was denied coverage by my insurance company because of too many visits, to the tune of $271. I then received a supplemental property tax bill for $975 after paying over $2400 last month (this is just a half year mind you). My car insurance is due at the end of the month for $550 for 6 months, TWICE what I paid in VA. This morning my tire went flat, and I had to replace it for $91.80. Then I get home and find a letter from my old bank in VA (sent to my old address) saying that my old accoount is overdue by $571, plus overdrawn fees, and I have been reported to ChexSystems and Telecheck as a deadbeat bad check writer. I though this account was closed???? I had a perfect credit rating and now I can't even write a check? The letter said that this would stay on my record for SEVEN years, even if I pay the bill immediately. Thewy are going to get a phone call from me the second I wake up tomorrow morning!

So should I can the TTC business? I think I'm on a run here that just can't go right. I so wish I had the luxury of time, but I am 38 1/2 years old. My biological clock is SCREAMING right now. Why does everything have to hit at the same time? I am seriuosly thinking of returning my son's gift (about $50); he is too young to remember that I got him nothing for Christmas and I'm sure that he will get some other gifts from my family (just nothing big). The I think about how much I love my brothers and their families, and I hate to deny my son that same privelage just because the car broke down (three times). ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
  • marpar 12-16-04 | 03:05 AM
  • OHMYGOSH Rachel, you poor thing! Talk about STRESS!! I am having a cow over here just thinking about all the challenges you've had and I must say you seem to be doing amazingly well! First, I hope and pray that your dad is doing okay and that his spirits will improve. I was almost in tears about your poor sick doggie too and I hope he is feeling much better. I have a calico kitty who is 18 and occasionally she gets sick and I can only hope that I have someone as compassionate as your co-worker and NOT that nasty Pet Sitter #2 whom I hope you NEVER use again. Just like children, our pets get sick and need tlc and not negative words.

Only you can make the decision of whether or not you want to try this time ($$ being an issue or not) but like you said, TIME is of the essence, I know that more than anything so do what your

tells you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you will get pg right away so you won't have to go through any more stress.

Love to you and your little boy (he's getting big now I can just imagine) and your sweet doggies and kitties.

Love,
    Mar
  • :domesticgoddess: :domesticgoddess:'s Avatar 12-16-04 | 03:57 AM

•  
    I am speechless (and as you can figure, that doesn't happen often!

)

I am so sorry that things have been so incredibly hectic! WHAT A NIGHTMARE.

I don't know how, because I don't know your finances, but my

says GO FORWARD. Your clock is "screaming" and time is ticking. It's now or never, darlin' !

Hang in there - 2005 has GOT TO BE better.

• AMomInLove AMomInLove's Avatar 12-16-04 | 10:17 AM
  • T'is the way things seem to work sadly...hoping things smooth out for you and success finds you quickly!

• Jules8 12-16-04 | 04:21 PM
  • If you have to return his gift maybe you can go to the dollar store and buy him some books or toys for cheaper so he still has somehing from you to open. I thinkit would make you feel better too. Hang in there and good luck w/ everything

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work