Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Lap question

Reply Post New Topic

• Sonji Sonji's Avatar 02-16-06 | 08:02 AM
  • I'm glad I found you ladies. I was just scheduled for an exploratory lap for 03/16 to search for a reason for not getting pg as well as a reason for my pain. I go for my pre-op on 02/24 (isn't that kinda early?). Anyway, you ladies have some great information (I read a previous thread with your lap stories). We're going to start IVF after the lap so I was wondering how long after the lap you can resume TTC. Do you have to wait until the next cycle or can you go for it in the same cycle as the lap?
  • Celia_M 02-16-06 | 08:55 AM
  • Hiya Sonji!

I had my Lap end of October, they found nothing, I waited out Nov, called the clinic when af arrived in Dec, first jab was 29th Dec. My clinic preferred you to wait it out a cycle. I'd check with yours what their policy is though.

• AmiKW AmiKW's Avatar 02-16-06 | 09:31 AM
  • Good luck Sonji!!!!

• Missy M 02-16-06 | 10:49 AM
  • Sonji,
    I had to wait after my lap because I had a hysteroscopy at the same time. With a hyst. they dilate your cervix to look inside your uterus so you have to be careful about infection for a few weeks after. If they find nothing and don't have to do any work at all, I don't see why you can't resume ttc immediately. Good luck and let us know if they find anything. Missy
  • bonnie bonnie's Avatar 02-16-06 | 04:17 PM
  • Sonji, I had to wait a cycle too. I encourage you to wait at least a month...give your body a bit of a break. The proceedure isn't too traumatic, but it isn't "easy" either. When you start your IVF shots, you'll want to be feeling good...Best of luck!!!

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work