Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Lap question

Reply Post New Topic

• jjello 02-17-06 | 12:29 PM
  • Hi Sonji (like your name!),

I don't think your pre-op is all that early, maybe a little but maybe they are just busy the following week or something. Anyway, at the pre-op your doc will probably explain the whole procedure carefully, tell you not to eat anything before surgery, answer any questions you might have, then send you off for some bloodwork.

As for waiting to TTC, I would ask your RE at that time and make sure s/he is in touch with the IVF clinic - you'll want your RE to send the clinic the results, discuss treatment, etc.

I'm sure you want to keep things moving, but please don't rush the time you need to heal. As for myself, I went on the pill right after surgery, waited a cycle, then started the stims. I was actually afraid that it would be too soon (had endo removal from an ovary) and that I'd be in a lot of pain during the stim period. But the doc said it he thought I'd be fine, and he was right.

Anyway, lots of luck to you and feel free to ask any more questions you might have. The ladies here are great!

Julie
  • jjello 02-17-06 | 12:34 PM
  • PS - thought of something else: you probably don't want to be injecting anything into the skin of your belly when you have a new incision, even if it's not exactly in the same place! Ouch!
  • Bethann73 Bethann73's Avatar 02-17-06 | 12:38 PM

•  
    HI Sonji..

I had a lap on January 3rd, 2003.. removed some minor endo and a polyp on my uterus.. Got AF on the 26th.. had an IUI on CD16 and got a BFP 10 days later..

Good Luck!!!
  • Sonji Sonji's Avatar 02-18-06 | 05:52 PM
  • Thank you ladies. So much wonderful information. I really appreciate it. My RE is the one who did my IUI's, he's doing my surgery, and he's doing my IVF cycles. He's an all purpose kind of guy LOL
  • Celia_M 02-19-06 | 12:32 PM
  • That sounds great that you'll be with the same RE who has already gotten to know you and your body

I'm sure it'll be better for you too as you'll already be at ease with him

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work