Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Probable Cancelled Cycle

Reply Post New Topic

  • jjello 11-26-05 | 01:48 PM
  • Well, it doesn't look like this is going to work out. After my 2nd ultrasound (right before Thanksgiving) the clinic said things were progressing a little more slowly than they'd like, and they upped my meds. I went for another ultrasound the day after Thanksgiving and there were only two follicles measuring over 10mm, one just under, and several smaller ones. I came home to a message on my machine saying that I should continue with the meds over the weekend and go for another ultrasound on Monday just to give my body a fighting chance to respond, but if there wasn't improvement we'd probably have to cancel.

    I am completely bummed out. I cried last night and this morning wound up being totally pissed off, slamming doors, etc. I think the hissy fit helped the most. :-) (my poor DH!) To make matters even worse, on Friday I discovered that since the clinic increased my dosages, I now only have enough meds to last me through Sunday night! I called, but because of the holiday no one was around who could do anything. They didn't seem worried and said they have medical couriers, etc. I explained I live in the middle of nowhere, it's probably not going to be that easy, etc. etc. Blah blah blah.

    So I'm sitting on pins and needles, expecting a cancellation, but if by some miracle not, wondering how in the hell they're going to get same-day meds to an island in Maine.

    Sorry for the downer post - I needed someone to talk to and just couldn't hold back.
  • Missy M 11-26-05 | 02:21 PM
  • Julie...don't give up hope! It's amazing how quickly follies can grow (especially over a few days). Do you need the meds for sunday or monday? If it's for monday, they will get them to you no problem, if it's for sunday it might be a little more tricky. What are you taking? Where in Maine do you live? My body was slow to respond and I didn't produce many follicles on either cycle. Don't fret though because they won't cancel unless they have to
    Chin up and keep us posted.
  • StacyLynn 11-26-05 | 02:31 PM


    Don't give up hope yet. Ya never know what those stims are gonna do... you could have double the amount by next appt. I'm sorry you're going through such stress over this, and I'm not even gonna tell you to "be positive" because you have a right to feel any way you feel. If the worst you do is slam some doors, so be it. I'd be standing there slamming them right along side of ya!! You can get through this.
  • lkeim lkeim's Avatar 11-26-05 | 03:32 PM
  • Wow Julie, that sucks. Keep the faith though. Not many of us have started a perfect cycle, got tons of perfects embies, with a perfect lining to go on to a perfect BFP. We're all pretty dramatic on this site so..... Good luck and believe me if I can get stuff out here in Alaska somehow, they'll get you straightened out. Try and stay calm this weekend. Power of the mind is huge! Leslie
  • jjello 11-26-05 | 09:54 PM
  • Thanks so much you guys, you are definitely helping me to hold onto a little bit of hope. I just wish I was feeling bloated or something so I could have a clue that this was working....but you're right, I just need to hang in there another day or so. I am starting to get a very mild reaction to the shots - my belly is tender just under the skin and I get a red flush around the injection site. No big deal but I'm keeping an eye on it. On the plus side, my headaches stopped on Wednesday when they upped my meds.

    It's funny - when I began this process I imagined many different ways in which it might not work out, but having a poor response to the meds was not one I had considered. At the beginning of this summer, I thought I was perfectly a healthy and fertile female (if a little on the "old" side at 38). We knew DH had a very low sperm count and motility due to his vas reversal and thought once we dealt with that issue (through ICSI) that everything would go more or less smoothly. HAH! Boy were we in for a surprise!

    My guess is that I'll need to make a tough decision this Monday - whether to cancel or not. I wouldn't be surprised if I have three good follicles, since I was pretty close to that point already, but is that enough to continue? If this was covered by insurance I wouldn't feel nearly as torn....

    Thanks for your encouragement!

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work

August 2019 Photo Contest Winner

August 2019 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Mishapauli14!!

Enter Your Baby's Photo Today!