Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments >
RE My kitty is dying :**[ (OT)

RE My kitty is dying :**[ (OT)

Reply Post New Topic

• marpar 01-08-05 | 10:47 AM
  • I'm so sorry to be talking OT girls but I am just really sad and hurting today. My sweet Calico kitty Checkers is very ill. I think it is renal failure like what happened to my other baby 2 years ago. Checky was fine on New Years Eve and was playing more than any of my other babies but yesterday she just started getting sick and now she can hardly lift her little head. I have tried feeding her but she is so weak. I know those of you who have pets know how I am feeling. They are just like our children. I have been so fortunate to have had her for 18 years (her 19th bd would have been in March) but it hurts so much. She is just like my little girl. We've shared so many happy and sad times together. She was there during a good part of my married life, getting a new job, through birthdays and holidays, through tough times as she used to sit on the bed and watch my dh give me my gonal-f shots. She has always been my little girl plus my birthday is next week and this will always be in my memory now. I am just so devastated. I am sorry to be so depressing but I know you all would understand. We have a vet that comes to the house but I really can't even begin to know how either my dh or I will call him. I just don't want her to suffer anymore. If you could say a prayer for her that would be wonderful.

Thank you all.

Last edited by marpar; 01-08-05 at 10:50 AM..
  • glinda glinda's Avatar 01-08-05 | 11:42 AM
  • Of course I will be praying for Checkers. Maybe you should have the vet come to your house just to check in on her and see if there is any type of med that can help her. Maybe your diagnosis is wrong. I'm hoping it is.

From one animal mother to another, my thoughts are with you and Checkers.
  • Sonji Sonji's Avatar 01-08-05 | 11:53 AM
  • I'm hoping that Checkers gets better. I know how hard it is when our furbabies are not well.
  • StacyLynn 01-08-05 | 12:44 PM
  • Mar, I'm so sorry about Checkers. I don't have a cat but my dog Sabrina really is like my baby, so I can imagine what you're feeling. She's 11 and I can't even imagine life without her. But maybe Glinda is right, maybe the Vet can help, I don't know - I hope.
  • AMomInLove AMomInLove's Avatar 01-08-05 | 01:10 PM
  • I absolutely feel for you and it breaks my heart...we have been there also...

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work