Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Retreival Pain

Reply Post New Topic

• Missy M 02-14-06 | 07:47 PM
  • Julie and I went to the same clinic and my experience was similar to hers. I didn't have any pain during or after (not even cramping). I feel so sorry for those of you who had it rough. It's bad enough having to go through all of this without having the extra pain that is unnecessary. Leslie...sounds like Carly is doing great. Do you guys have any pointers on breastfeeding that will help me? 3 weeks until my c-section (hopefully sooner)

• lkeim lkeim's Avatar 02-14-06 | 09:28 PM
  • Just grin and bear it. It's been over two weeks and the latching on is still a deep breath till the count of 20. Get some cabbage leaves to put on the mamms when they get engourged and take advil or whatever they give you for pain for your c section. I imagine with two you're going to be doing some crying but it will be SO worth it in the end. I'm getting really excited for you Missy. I still haven't figured out how to post pictures. L
  • bonnie bonnie's Avatar 02-15-06 | 03:07 PM
  • I, like Missy and Julie, was totally out and I think that is how it should be! I didn't have any pain at all...I'm so sorry for you Celia and for your friend Leslie...
  • lkeim lkeim's Avatar 02-15-06 | 08:21 PM
  • I know! It seems really messed up. She's over it now but jeez!
  • JagsAli JagsAli's Avatar 02-16-06 | 01:13 PM
  • Hey Leslie-
    I did not have any pain w/ either of my 2 retrievals, I was knocked out, not heavy sedation but I don't remember a thing, and woke up, got wheeled out and slept. Felt a little cramping later, but that was it. Sorry for your friend, but glad she is over it.
    Allison

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work