Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Start DIVF 5th Dec (m)

Reply Post New Topic

• rsmit02 rsmit02's Avatar 11-10-05 | 01:06 PM
  • Hi guys,

Got the call! My FSH is 7.5 which is fine according to what I have been reading. I start the down regulation on 5th Dec which will be CD 21 of my next cycle as AF dues in the next few days.

We also had a phone call from our local Social Work department today we were foster carers before all this IF hit and here in UK you cant foster while you have IF treatment. There is a new head Social worker and she wanted to meet us and discuss the possibility of adoption in the future with us (it is national adoption week here in the UK) So I am quite looking forward to that I have a lot of questions and is perfect timing really will help me see a light at the end of the tunnel if the IVF doesnt work. I will discuss domestic and international adoption with her. I know if we adopt domestically the child or children will be 5 and above whereas internationally we are looking at a baby about 8-12 months old when they come home so a lot of thinking to do in the future! But at least I get to say that word "future" its nice to know my "family" has one and we have options we are lucky compared to some in this world and it helps me to remember this when I feel down..

Ok Im off to contemplate the jabbing thats about to commence and be nice to my poor dh before the hormones kick in and I turn into a screaming depressed hottly flushed banshee!!!!!

Ruthx
  • AMomInLove AMomInLove's Avatar 11-11-05 | 09:03 PM
  • Good luck! Good luck! Good luck!
  • :domesticgoddess: :domesticgoddess:'s Avatar 11-13-05 | 06:41 PM

•  
    Hurray that this is all starting! Don't worry - you might do just fine on those hormones!

The adoption discussion is wonderful too. No matter what happens now, you're GOING TO BE A MOMMY!!!!!

This really takes the pressure off of your DIVF and that will help make you more successful too!

• Celia_M 11-15-05 | 02:08 PM

•  
    Good Luck Ruth!!

I hope the side effects aren't too bad for you - which drugs are they putting you on?
    Out of interest - have they said with the study when the results will be known or what they will do with them? Does your clinic think they're moving towards single embie transfers for the whole of the Uk? I remember our consultant seemed to think that was on the not too distant horizon when we were discussing our cycle with him this time last year so I find it v.interesting that this study is being done atm.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work