Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Well?

Reply Post New Topic

• lkeim lkeim's Avatar 08-08-06 | 01:18 PM
  • So dh & I talked about the creepiness of contacting the donor and think I'll call the clinic instead so they can ask her. It would be cool. We did only get 11 embies from her though and only 3 were very good grade. What are your experiences with how many eggs you should, or is common, from a younger woman?? Thanks.

• Celia_M 08-08-06 | 01:27 PM
  • I was 28/9 when we cycled. We got 10 eggs from 14 follies, of which 7 were usuable for Icsi and 4 fertilised, we got 3x grade1 4 celled embies, 1x grade 2 4 celled, 3 day transfer. The two we didn't put back both perished prior to freezing

Both of the embies we transfered implanted, but the twin stopped growing at 6wks.

The other embie became Katie

Hth.
  • lkeim lkeim's Avatar 08-08-06 | 01:36 PM
  • Out of all ours we got Carly Kate!
  • JagsAli JagsAli's Avatar 08-08-06 | 03:14 PM
  • I am not sure about the age thing and all. I was 35/6 and got 6 the first time and 4 the second. Out of the 4 last time, 3 fertilized, we put in 3 and got Brianna! All 3 were 8 cells but the grades were 2, 3 and 4, so I just don't know, I was always told it is quality not quantaty. Good luck!
  • bonnie bonnie's Avatar 08-08-06 | 05:00 PM
  • I was old-40 and got 13...12 fertilized and by the time we took them all to blast, had 5...we used them all in 2 attempts and one is George or Georgia. I like the idea of you using the same donner again...siblings and all....

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work