Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Dinner?

Reply Post New Topic

• CarolleZ CarolleZ's Avatar 08-18-07 | 08:46 AM
  • I make my cabbage "rolls" into a casserole, because I find it too time consuming to wrap everything up

So I make my beef/rice mix in a bowl and layer like lasagne.

Bottom is cabbage laid out in a dish, next is the beef/rice, then I use canned tomatoes, more cabbage, etc until it's near the top.
    Then I poke some holes in everything with a skewer or something like that, and I pour a can of tomato juice over the whole thing!
  • CarolleZ CarolleZ's Avatar 08-18-07 | 08:47 AM
  • Wow that is so becoming my next craving

At least it's healthy!
  • ~Kelli~ ~Kelli~'s Avatar 08-18-07 | 09:06 AM
  • cabbage rolls are a polish thing I think

I make mine on the stove top and simmer in crushed tomatoes-- I add some browned bacon into the beef and rice mixture too- -YUM! Dh's gramma makes them so yummy-- seriously the best I have ever eaten in my life....

Jen I do alot of crock pot things-- my boys don't really like casseroles except a chicken and broccoli one... but roast beef in the crock, beef stroganoff, chili they are easy and one step...

I've been grilling all summer too- I just marinate something and throw it on with whatever veggie or fruit I pick up at the farm stand

• Susan Susan's Avatar 08-18-07 | 09:17 AM
  • we do a lot of grilling in the summer...we grill some kind of meat and veggie...quick and easy

• jennigirl jennigirl's Avatar 08-19-07 | 01:36 AM
  • my sister made a whole wheat pasta, with ham and mushrooms, onions and garlic in a rose sauce. It was delicious, and I don't have much of an appetite at all lately. ( i think there was basil in there too). I think the recipe came from the website allrecipes.com
    And yum on the cabbage rolls. I love them. My grandma's old neighbour used to make them from scratch, (she was ukrainian. ) Now my mom does the casserole thing too Carolle, due to how long the actually rolling takes! :-)