Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Dinner?

Reply Post New Topic

• CarolleZ CarolleZ's Avatar 08-18-07 | 08:46 AM
  • I make my cabbage "rolls" into a casserole, because I find it too time consuming to wrap everything up

So I make my beef/rice mix in a bowl and layer like lasagne.

Bottom is cabbage laid out in a dish, next is the beef/rice, then I use canned tomatoes, more cabbage, etc until it's near the top.
    Then I poke some holes in everything with a skewer or something like that, and I pour a can of tomato juice over the whole thing!
  • CarolleZ CarolleZ's Avatar 08-18-07 | 08:47 AM
  • Wow that is so becoming my next craving

At least it's healthy!
  • ~Kelli~ ~Kelli~'s Avatar 08-18-07 | 09:06 AM
  • cabbage rolls are a polish thing I think

I make mine on the stove top and simmer in crushed tomatoes-- I add some browned bacon into the beef and rice mixture too- -YUM! Dh's gramma makes them so yummy-- seriously the best I have ever eaten in my life....

Jen I do alot of crock pot things-- my boys don't really like casseroles except a chicken and broccoli one... but roast beef in the crock, beef stroganoff, chili they are easy and one step...

I've been grilling all summer too- I just marinate something and throw it on with whatever veggie or fruit I pick up at the farm stand

• Susan Susan's Avatar 08-18-07 | 09:17 AM
  • we do a lot of grilling in the summer...we grill some kind of meat and veggie...quick and easy

• jennigirl jennigirl's Avatar 08-19-07 | 01:36 AM
  • my sister made a whole wheat pasta, with ham and mushrooms, onions and garlic in a rose sauce. It was delicious, and I don't have much of an appetite at all lately. ( i think there was basil in there too). I think the recipe came from the website allrecipes.com
    And yum on the cabbage rolls. I love them. My grandma's old neighbour used to make them from scratch, (she was ukrainian. ) Now my mom does the casserole thing too Carolle, due to how long the actually rolling takes! :-)

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work