Weekly Activity 220%

Old 07-30-10, 11:24 AM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

thanks girls

had to go to the ER on wed morn because I woke up with very bad lower abdominal pain they scanned me but their scanner is really crap

and they were so vague I asked to be sent to the Early Pregnancy Unit of the maternity hospital to be properly scanned but because I wasn't bleeding they said they couldn't fit me in that day (don't get me started on how I flipped on that doctor) anyway went home pain subsided, they had done a vaginal ultrasound and found no heartbeat so like my intuition had been telling me along I was expecting the worst. Got a call to go into the EPU this morning and was scanned and she got a heartbeat (vaginally) but its weak and they are calling it a threatened miscarriage. Still no bleeding or cramping but the doctor (another insensitive *****

) said in she expected me to bleed and cramp badly within a week and regardless I was to go back in a week to get a repeat scan to see if anything happens (good or bad). She was so vague and wouldn't say yeah or neigh whether I was miscarrying or having a viable pregnancy. She did say that getting a heartbeat was a good sign but not a slow heartbeat but I looked at the computer and they are still going by my LMP and I know I'm not 11+2wks. Anyway like I said it's a threatened miscarriage situation, I'm hoping if it going to happen it happens sooner rather than later, not sure if I want a D&C but if I don't bleed that's what they will have to do.
I have a private scan booked for tomorrow which I'm going to attend, not expecting a good outcome but I know their equipment is far superior and I know they will at least give me how far along I am measuring (again something she wouldn't confirm to me today). At least if I know exactly how far along I'm measuring it will help me understand and accept that a miscarriage is happening.
Thanks for thinking of me

Old 07-30-10, 12:33 PM
is ready for some football!!
Michelle - VIP CL

Thanked 793 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 620%

What a roller coaster of emotions!

So sorry you are going thru all this. I feel awful for all the insensitive, rude (*^&*$%^& people you have had to deal with. Hang in there!

Old 07-30-10, 12:58 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

Wow--what a ride.

I've encountered some of those @$$-hole docs and I'm sorry you got stuck with a few, too.

A heartbeat is a heartbeat, no matter how small--so hang in there and we'll keep praying for that little bean.

PM me if you want to chat.

Thank you Dopey406!
mac71 (07-30-10)
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools