Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

today's appt

Reply Post New Topic

• 3Princes 12-24-09 | 02:41 PM
  • Well she checked me and my cervix is still closed, but softening and she said the baby is very low. She also said the head didn't feel exceptionally big-- so maybe the baby isn't as huge as we originally thought. She said he is definitely in the "launch" position and ready to go.

She asked me if I had any other questions or worries and I said yeah-- I don't want to be giving birth in the car! She said that if I get to 39 weeks we can induce me. I'm not sure why she wouldn't induce me with Matthew, and I'm trying not to think about it in case she changes her mind.

One of the nurse's assistants (who I happen to love) said "you still have a whole month left don't you?" and I had to use all my restraint not to say NO I AM 36 WEEKS AND 4 DAYS NOW! THAT'S WAY LESS THAN A MONTH but then realized that it is just a little short of a month.

• 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 12-24-09 | 03:04 PM

•  

Did she say anything about the ctx you have been having?

She said that if I get to 39 weeks we can induce me. I'm not sure why she wouldn't induce me with Matthew, and I'm trying not to think about it in case she changes her mind.
    Maybe because you are older now? I was told after Rachel was born that my "placenta had aged" I think that was because if my age.

Have you had an u/s lately...maybe that little head was really a little butt!
  • teddybear1082 teddybear1082's Avatar 12-24-09 | 04:51 PM
  • I am glad it went well! I had an appt this morning too, but my doc hasn't started internal exams yet-maybe I can look forward to that next week! I hope you are feeling well and that you can enjoy today and tomorrow!
  • 3Princes 12-24-09 | 05:30 PM
  • I actually asked her to check me because of all the contractions I've been having. She said they were "braxton hicks" but also said they were "doing their job" softening the cervix, so apparently they aren't for nothing.

The baby did some major turning today while I was there actually. When she tried to find the h/b it was in a totally different place than it usually is. She did a 10 second u/s at 34 weeks or so- just basically checked to see if the baby was head down and it was.