Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

18 week appt

Reply Post New Topic

• LAB LAB's Avatar 04-15-10 | 02:20 PM
  • My OB was on vacation, so I got an 18 week vs. a 16 week appt. Boy that was a long time between appts! I was offered the blood test to test for Downs for the first time given my age! Yeah, that made me feel good

I'll be 32 tomorrow and I didn't think that was too old. After a lengthy discussion with my OB we decided to wait for 2 weeks and see if there are any Downs markers on the U/S and then get the test if there are any positive signs of Downs. He said that usually the test either really reassures parents or makes a lot of stress and worry about the baby possibly having Downs. I figure I've got enough on my plate right now that I don't need the extra stress of a maybe!

HB was 155 and the OB found it immediately which was a relief! My blood pressure was 110/70 and I forgot to ask if I've gained anything

I guess I could weight myself couldn't I! All in all a good appt.

I've been starting to feel the baby move which is really late compared to the other 3 pg and its had me a little concerned. Still the baby doesn't seem very strong and the kicks are just tiny. My OB said it could be from an anterior placenta (which I had with the girls too!), so I guess we'll see on the 29th when I go in for my U/S appt!!!!! Hopefully I have a very cooperative baby!

Laura

• countrycutieluv countrycutieluv's Avatar 04-15-10 | 03:33 PM

•  

I can't believe your already 18wks

I sure hope you get a very cooperative baby on the 29th!
    Wow time sure fly's
  • Sheri Sheri's Avatar 04-15-10 | 05:19 PM
  • OMGosh Laura- you're half way there already!! I can't believe it!!

4 kiddos- wow!! I'm so excited for you!!

I had the U/S first when PG with Nick. Everything was fine, no testing needed afterward.

Take care!!