Baby Corner

Old 04-15-10, 03:20 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Talking 18 week appt

My OB was on vacation, so I got an 18 week vs. a 16 week appt. Boy that was a long time between appts! I was offered the blood test to test for Downs for the first time given my age! Yeah, that made me feel good

I'll be 32 tomorrow and I didn't think that was too old. After a lengthy discussion with my OB we decided to wait for 2 weeks and see if there are any Downs markers on the U/S and then get the test if there are any positive signs of Downs. He said that usually the test either really reassures parents or makes a lot of stress and worry about the baby possibly having Downs. I figure I've got enough on my plate right now that I don't need the extra stress of a maybe!

HB was 155 and the OB found it immediately which was a relief! My blood pressure was 110/70 and I forgot to ask if I've gained anything

I guess I could weight myself couldn't I! All in all a good appt.

I've been starting to feel the baby move which is really late compared to the other 3 pg and its had me a little concerned. Still the baby doesn't seem very strong and the kicks are just tiny. My OB said it could be from an anterior placenta (which I had with the girls too!), so I guess we'll see on the 29th when I go in for my U/S appt!!!!! Hopefully I have a very cooperative baby!

Laura

Old 04-15-10, 04:33 PM
is Living a new type of life
Spring is in the Air

Thanked 523 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I can't believe your already 18wks

I sure hope you get a very cooperative baby on the 29th!
Wow time sure fly's

Old 04-15-10, 06:19 PM
is enjoying the warm weather
VIP Member

Thanked 624 Times
Weekly Activity 420%

OMGosh Laura- you're half way there already!! I can't believe it!!

4 kiddos- wow!! I'm so excited for you!!

I had the U/S first when PG with Nick. Everything was fine, no testing needed afterward.

Take care!!

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools