Baby Corner

Old 07-22-10, 12:16 AM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default 32 week appt

I had my 32 week appt today. My BP was very high for me. 130 over 70 something. Nearly 40 pts higher then normal. He reassured me that I wasn't in the danger zone yet. I'm now s fingertip dilated. Again my OB reassured me that it wasn't totally abnormal at this stage. He took another Ffn test and then told me that even if its negative he'd still be on a bit allerted as I had a positive one. It was funny as he kept reassuring me and then said he wants me to start coming weekly!

I did ask about being inducted at 39 weeks if I hadn't had the baby by then. He said he'd be happy to, but then said he was pretty sure we wouldn't make it that far. So at least we have a plan of action if we make it that far.

Laura

Old 07-22-10, 12:27 AM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%

I'm pretty sure I was seeing the OB weekly by 32 wks. Did you get your BP tested more than once at the appt? Mine was always high when I 1st got to the doctor's office and then it would go down after a while. I hope your BP stays within normal ranges.

Only 7 wks (or less) left...wow you're gonna have 4 kids LOL!

Old 07-22-10, 12:54 AM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I had been sitting in the waiting room for a bit before I was called back and my kids were good while we waited. My BP has been slowly rising and I'be been on prelabor watch for the past month. I'm on "take it really easy" with the problems I'be been having this time around. I think with a 4th pg my body is done having babies!

Laura

Old 07-22-10, 02:02 AM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Oh, and here you start at 37 weeks with weekly appt. With all the reassureance the OB kept giving me, he obviously is concerned as much as I have been!

Laura

Thank you LAB!
2babygirls (07-22-10)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools