Baby Corner

Old 07-18-11, 12:42 PM
is in love with the new man in her life!
VIP Member

Thanked 179 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.25%
Default 34.5 weeks

I knwo I haven't been on here a lot lately....This is the busiest time of the year for me at work, but I finally finished up on all the Camp paperwork this morning, so it should be smooth sailing from here on out.
I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes at 30 weeks. It's been a rough roller coaster because I'm really on teh very low end. I only failed the 1 hour test by 4 points. It seems I have something going on metabolicly that makes my blood sugar spike if I go too long without eating, so it's always a little high first thing in the morning. The rest of the day I don't have any trouble keeping it down without drastically changing my diet. Strangely I've found that complex carbs shoot it higher than simple sugars. So weird that cake is not making any problems but chinese or thai food with a lot of rice or noodles does.
Anyway, I am prepareing as best as I can for being induced because of the GD. When the doc measured teh baby back at week 30 they thought he was 4.5 lbs and in the 65th percentile. I go back Wed to have him measured again and based on the rate of growth between the 2 appointments, they'll start deciding when they think they will induce me.
I am so conflicted about the induction though. I really was hoping to go natural this time since I was induced with the other 2. Because fo Tristan's delays I am concerned about being induced too early. His was at 37 weeks exactly. I don't know if the induction had anything to do with it, but I can't help wonder. Also I'll be 37 weeks on what would have been my 16th anniversary with my exhusband, so DH is not thrilled with the idea of me being induced then even though to me it's just another day and I only acknowledge the D anniversary in Oct. 38 weeks presents it's own challenges. The ex's wife is pregnant too, and she is scheduled to be induce sometime that week for her health issues. The ex seems to think it would be amusing if our children were born on the same day

....I do not. I also don't want Kimmie to feel torn between which family she is with during birth, and I have also planned all along for her to be with her dad the nights I spend in the hospital because Dh always stays with me. Right now week 39 looks best to me because I also need to work as long as I can before going on ST disability because we are a little behind on our bills, but I'm afraid they won't let me go that long since he's already measuring so big and my stomach has gotten noticably bigger/tighter in the last week or so. All of this is compounded by teh fact that because Dh is in education and school starts in August...teh kids school starts on teh 25th, the day before my due date. So I definitely want to be home from the hospital by then. But Dh is also trying to become an Assistant Principal this year and so far all of the school districts he's been able to apply for start on August 11th, so I don't know what we would do as far as childcare after he had to start until school starts because our long time babysitter flaked on us and i haven't really found anyone new yet since I shouldn't need childcare until October...and even that is dependant on if Dh gets an Assistant Principal job because if he does, I am going to get to stay home.

Whew! This was long, but that is my update.

Old 07-19-11, 04:22 PM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1038.75%

Just try to remember to relax as much as possible and let DH and the kids help out even if it isn't exactly the way you'd do it. I hope they decide not to induce( too many doctors so to jump on that too quickly IMO). I measured big with Joseph and my midwife was only going to induce if I went past my due date. Joseph cooperated and came on the due date.

Old 07-19-11, 06:29 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Weekly Activity 882.5%

I laughed because my DH hardly remembers our aniversary - no way would he remember that of a previous marriage!

Sooo...what happens if you say no to being induced? (Other than the guilt-trip they will try to send you down.)

I hope you make it to week 39 & everything works out the way you want it to!

Old 07-20-11, 10:11 AM
is in love with the new man in her life!
VIP Member

Thanked 179 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.25%

after reading about the woman in Texas who had the 16 lb baby because she had GD, I am a little nervous to let it go if he measures too big. My other 2 were just under 7lbs. I can see delievering an 8 or even 9 lb baby but if he get smuch bigger than that...

What I'm really hoping is that they'll set my induction and labor will start naturally the night before.

Old 07-20-11, 12:35 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Weekly Activity 882.5%

If thats the case you get thru it the easy way - with a c/section!

How ever it happens you'll have the perfect end result.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools