Baby Corner

Old 08-05-09, 01:41 AM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Anniversary and update

Hey everybody. Just thought I would give a little update. Baby Hope is doing great, but she has decided she HATES the boobie! She is refusing to take the breast at all- we knew this might happen since she had to have a bottle in the NICU. We had another Dr. appt. today and hadn't gained any wait. The doc wasn't too concerned, but I think that she wasn't a very good breast feeder. When I would pump instead of breast feeding her and give her a bottle I wasn't getting much when I pumped. When she was still in the hospital I had built up a really good milk supply, but as soon as we were home and she was b/f ing it dropped. I am guessing this is why she hasn't gained any weight. So, the last two days I have been pumping every 2-3 hours and my milk supply is starting to come back. Luckily, we have somewhat of a breast milk supply built up from when she was at the hospital; so hopefully we won't have to supplement her with any formula. They put her on a vitamin supplement with iron when she left the hospital, but she hasn't been tolerating it well- today the doc checked her iron levels and said she was fine so we don't have to give it to her any more for now. Poor thing, it gave her really bad gas, acid reflux, and didn't make her constiapated, but VERY uncomfortable. So, she hasn't gotten too much sleep the last few nights (and neither have we, lol). Anyway, I am okay with her not b/f ing as long as she gets breast milk- it is just how it has worked out with her having been in the NICU and I am okay with it- a little sad, but okay. So I will be excusively expressing with you Tracey! Our precious little girl is doing good though and is cuter than ever!

On another note- DH and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary yesterday- what a great way to get to celebrate with our new baby daughter! We are so happy! Here are a few pics- the blanket and hat were made for Hope by my sister's MIL- how cute is that?

I hope everyone is doing well- it is so exciting that everyone is having their babies. It is so wonderful sharing all of this stuff with you guys!
Attached Thumbnails
To view attachments in this forum your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-05-09, 02:37 AM
Loving Mommyhood!

Thanked 164 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

LOVE those pics! Hope looks so tiny! She makes Lila look so big to me...LOL

Thank you wendysue611!
Mark'sbabygirl (08-05-09)

Old 08-05-09, 07:59 AM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 520%

She is just the cutest. Dont get yourself done about the bf. She is still getting breast milk so really does it matter how she is getting it? I hope that she is feeling better soon after that supplement. Thanks for keeping us updated! BTW Happy Anniversary to you and Mark!!! I just celebrated my 7th but is seems like 20th lol.
Thank you Keepers!

Old 08-05-09, 12:31 PM
Soon-to-Be Mommy of 3!

Thanked 309 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

She is so cute!! Those pictures make me look forward to holding my own little girl even more!!

And she's so TINY - how much did she weigh at the doctor's? I'm so sorry breastfeeding isn't working out like you had hoped, but you're doing well by pumping for her!
Thank you ChandyRae!

Old 08-05-09, 12:52 PM
Lovin My Family!

Thanked 124 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

Great pics! She is so adorable!
Thank you LMB2007!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools