Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Pregnancy Message Boards > July - September Due Date Club >
Anyone having a scheduled C-Section?

Anyone having a scheduled C-Section?

Reply Post New Topic

• LMB2007 LMB2007's Avatar 04-25-09 | 12:42 PM
  • Since I had a C-Section with my son, the doctor asked me if I wanted to have a C-Section this time. He said he recommends it. I definitely want to have one, because I am terrified of labor pains. haha..... But its also been forever ( 8 1/2 years) since I had my son, and I have since started thinking about all the pain and stuff that comes along with a C-Section. I'm so scared of that horrible needle in my spine again.
  • alb526 alb526's Avatar 04-25-09 | 04:23 PM
  • I will probably have a scheduled c-sec. My last was an emergency and was totally out of it. I was considering a vbac but after so many complications they are suggesting a c-sec. I have a breech in my mastoid bone from violent vomiting and any pressure or bearing down not only hurts but could do major damage. As much as I don't believe in c-secs for convienence sake, my DS will be home for a couple of weeks and I'm hoping he gets to meet his new sister.
  • Keepers Keepers's Avatar 04-25-09 | 06:30 PM
  • I had to vaginal deliverys but I have placenta previa and if it doesnt move I will have to have one but right now I am still hoping to have a vag !
  • ChandyRae ChandyRae's Avatar 04-25-09 | 06:54 PM
  • I was forced to have a repeat cesarean with my daughter. We both had complications, but the biggest thing was that my daughter respiratory distress from the combination of surgery and being taken early. She was in the NICU for 8 days and had to be on liquid caffeine and an apnea monitor for months after her birth. With this baby I'll be having a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean).

Most doctors will recommend that you have another cesarean, not because it's safer (there's actually a much higher risk of death and complication for both mother and baby with a c-section than a VBAC), but because it's much more convenient for a doctor to do a cesarean and they get paid more. I'd strongly encourage you to check out

and

before you make your decision. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions!
  • Tracey and Neil Tracey and Neil's Avatar 04-28-09 | 05:51 PM
  • I'm not, but wanted to wish you well for whatever decision you make. It's so tough deciding what's best, go with your instinct, what feels best in your heart.