Old 09-10-10, 01:35 AM
is craving something, but not sure what
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.5%
Default Baby Bryson is here!!

Hello again everyone!
I've been away from the computer for the last month or two. It's been hectic. On top of moving from one city to another, I had my first baby! Bryson Matthew Edward Cyr came into the world on August 19th 2010 (he is 3 weeks old today!), weighing in at 7lbs and 4oz. He was 19 inches long.
It was a decent labour. My membranes ruptured Wednesday afternoon and that night I went into hospital. They sent me home at 5am with instruction to come back at noon to have another test to see if I was actually leaking amniotic fluid because the first test was 'inconclusive'.
Before I even got home from the hospital I started contracting. I wasn't sure if they were true contractions though, as they were in my pelvic area. They felt like menstrual cramps. I also had some pain in my back. I had already been awake for about 20 hours, and it was impossible to sleep with the contractions. When I went back to the hospital, at about 1 pm, they put me on oxytocin to help dilate my cervix (which was still at 1 cm). I was taken to the delivery room at about 3pm and got a shot of morphine to help me try and sleep. I was still only dilated 1 cm, and the oxytocin had made my contractions crazy strong. By 5:30 I the morphine had, completely wore off, though it had hardly helped in the first place.
A nurse came in shortly after that and told me I was dilated about 2 1/2 cm and it would probably take an hour per cm from here on. By 7pm I was dying and tried ringing the nurse to come in to help me with the pain. My water completely broke and my husband was losing his mind. Finally at 7:30 a nurse came in to check my cervix again and her face was in as much shock as mine when she said "Oooh, that's a head!!!" I was having back labour and my contractions weren't being picked up on the monitors. It was definitely to late for my epidural now!
DH had just left to go outside for a smoke, and here I was pushing. My mom ended up calling about 2 contractions in and the nurse let me answer it. I had to stop half way through my conversation to start pushing again. I think the nurse thought I was crazy. Dh came back 5 minutes later and nearly pooped himself. Baby Brysons head was already poking out! The Labour and Delivery team made it in right after DH got back, and at 8pm on the dot Bryson was born.
It took 50 minutes to stitch me up. I had 2 second degree tears and a bunch of smaller tears, but Bryson was perfectly handsome and healthy.

Here he is!
Minutes old

Mama and Bryson

First Nap in his Crib

Dimples!

5 days old!

Chunky man at 3 weeks!

Old 09-10-10, 12:24 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 1688%

Oh wow, what a story! Congratulations, he is adorable!

Old 09-10-10, 12:48 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Weekly Activity 0.5%

Aww....he is so cute! Congratulations!

Old 09-10-10, 02:04 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 0.5%

Congratulations! He's totally adorable! I'm dealing with second degree tears too and its painful! I hope you healed up well!

Old 09-11-10, 11:10 PM
is craving something, but not sure what
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 0.5%

Thank you

How long does it usually take to heal? I still have about a million stitches.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools