Baby Corner

Old 08-18-09, 04:07 PM
Community Member

Thanked 86 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default On bedrest :(

Well this stinks! I'm sneaking on the computer now because I can only be on my left side so much before I go stir crazy!

I went for my check up Monday and my bp was about 160/95 then she had me lay on my left side and it went down to 138/80. So needless to say, I'm done with work and on bedrest. I have yet another 24-hour urine collection to do

and I go back Thursday for a biophysical profile ultrasound to make sure everything is fine with the baby. They are supposed to check out Morgan and her breathing, etc and check my fluid levels and whatever else they do in this ultrasound. Then after that I'll be at my midwive's office for an appt. The goal from Monday is to at least not delivery Morgan until I'm 38 weeks, so 2 more weeks. And I'm hoping its not a c-section, but whatever is safest for us both will be fine. So not sure if I'll be able to update on Thursday after my appt, but I'll def. try and keep everyone updated.

So crazy how I went from having a great normal, healthy pregnancy to my BP just shooting up out of the blue. Darnit! LOL Take care and everyone stay nice and healthy! And Chandy I'm just as bored as you are! LOL

Old 08-18-09, 04:41 PM
is LOVING ALL MY BOYS!!!!!
Community Member

Thanked 125 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

So sorry you are on bedrest! I am right there with you. Unfortunatly I am only 9 1/2 weeks preg.
I hope Morgan stays put for the next 2 weeks!
Good luck on your upcoming appts!

Old 08-18-09, 05:35 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 520%

Eek I hope that your pressure goes back to normal and your bedrest can be lifted. Best of luck to ya honey!

Old 08-18-09, 06:05 PM
Soon-to-Be Mommy of 3!

Thanked 309 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Oh what a bummer!!! I hope everything stays within healthy ranges now and you can survive the bedrest. Luckily it's only a few weeks at most. Now get back on your left side, young lady!

Oh and... you're the only one I was counting on to go all the way to mid-September with, please don't ditch me!!

Old 08-19-09, 03:12 PM
Lovin My Family!

Thanked 124 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I hope you can get off bedrest soon. Use this boring time to catch up on some movies & magazines and such. Try not to go too stir crazy!!! I hope everything is back to normal at your appt.
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools