Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

On bedrest :(

Reply Post New Topic

• Alisha Alisha's Avatar 08-18-09 | 04:07 PM
  • Well this stinks! I'm sneaking on the computer now because I can only be on my left side so much before I go stir crazy!

I went for my check up Monday and my bp was about 160/95 then she had me lay on my left side and it went down to 138/80. So needless to say, I'm done with work and on bedrest. I have yet another 24-hour urine collection to do

and I go back Thursday for a biophysical profile ultrasound to make sure everything is fine with the baby. They are supposed to check out Morgan and her breathing, etc and check my fluid levels and whatever else they do in this ultrasound. Then after that I'll be at my midwive's office for an appt. The goal from Monday is to at least not delivery Morgan until I'm 38 weeks, so 2 more weeks. And I'm hoping its not a c-section, but whatever is safest for us both will be fine. So not sure if I'll be able to update on Thursday after my appt, but I'll def. try and keep everyone updated.

So crazy how I went from having a great normal, healthy pregnancy to my BP just shooting up out of the blue. Darnit! LOL Take care and everyone stay nice and healthy! And Chandy I'm just as bored as you are! LOL
  • wymeg wymeg's Avatar 08-18-09 | 04:41 PM
  • So sorry you are on bedrest! I am right there with you. Unfortunatly I am only 9 1/2 weeks preg.
    I hope Morgan stays put for the next 2 weeks!
    Good luck on your upcoming appts!
  • Keepers Keepers's Avatar 08-18-09 | 05:35 PM
  • Eek I hope that your pressure goes back to normal and your bedrest can be lifted. Best of luck to ya honey!
  • ChandyRae ChandyRae's Avatar 08-18-09 | 06:05 PM
  • Oh what a bummer!!! I hope everything stays within healthy ranges now and you can survive the bedrest. Luckily it's only a few weeks at most. Now get back on your left side, young lady!

Oh and... you're the only one I was counting on to go all the way to mid-September with, please don't ditch me!!

• LMB2007 LMB2007's Avatar 08-19-09 | 03:12 PM
  • I hope you can get off bedrest soon. Use this boring time to catch up on some movies & magazines and such. Try not to go too stir crazy!!! I hope everything is back to normal at your appt.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work