Baby Corner

Old 07-23-07, 09:19 AM
Isabella

Thanked 44 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 2%
Default damn chinese food

DH and I went out for chinese food and of course I always retain a ton water b/c of the salt but boy oh boy was it good.

So I step on the scale this morning and

.....It says that I am up 8 pounds.

I know that it is IMPOSSIBLE and it is water retention but I go to the OB tomorrow...he's gonna think I have been sitting on my a$$ stuffing my face. I haven't gained any weight in over 8 weeks...last week I actually lost so I am hoping that he won't say anything and I can lose it for next week. I am trying to cleanse with fruits and veggies and a ton of water today. I know that it must be sodium weight gain b/c I drank over 3 litres of water yesterday andy my urine was still pretty dark. Any tips on how to get rid of this water water....and fast LOL

Old 07-23-07, 10:40 AM
is in love with the new man in her life!
VIP Member

Thanked 179 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

Don't worry about it Lucy! If it's just water weight, you'll lose it in the birth anyway. Just keep eating good and if you manage to lose before then, great, but don't stress over it or try to diet. Remember that the baby is gaining about half a pound a week right now, so it is possible to gain a bit rather suddenly.

Old 07-23-07, 10:55 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

Ya really don't worry about it. But watermelon can help loose the water weight.

Old 07-23-07, 09:33 PM
Community Member

Thanked 4 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

No worries Lucy! At this time of year, it's not unusual to retain water. I'm sure your doctor will understand.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools