Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

damn chinese food

Reply Post New Topic

• Twinkies_Mom Twinkies_Mom's Avatar 07-23-07 | 08:19 AM
  • DH and I went out for chinese food and of course I always retain a ton water b/c of the salt but boy oh boy was it good.

So I step on the scale this morning and

.....It says that I am up 8 pounds.

I know that it is IMPOSSIBLE and it is water retention but I go to the OB tomorrow...he's gonna think I have been sitting on my a$$ stuffing my face. I haven't gained any weight in over 8 weeks...last week I actually lost so I am hoping that he won't say anything and I can lose it for next week. I am trying to cleanse with fruits and veggies and a ton of water today. I know that it must be sodium weight gain b/c I drank over 3 litres of water yesterday andy my urine was still pretty dark. Any tips on how to get rid of this water water....and fast LOL
  • Janine Janine's Avatar 07-23-07 | 09:40 AM
  • Don't worry about it Lucy! If it's just water weight, you'll lose it in the birth anyway. Just keep eating good and if you manage to lose before then, great, but don't stress over it or try to diet. Remember that the baby is gaining about half a pound a week right now, so it is possible to gain a bit rather suddenly.
  • kareybear kareybear's Avatar 07-23-07 | 09:55 AM
  • Ya really don't worry about it. But watermelon can help loose the water weight.
  • froglegs froglegs's Avatar 07-23-07 | 08:33 PM
  • No worries Lucy! At this time of year, it's not unusual to retain water. I'm sure your doctor will understand.