Baby Corner

Old 03-17-10, 10:06 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default EDD 4 July 2010

My baby is due on the 4 July... so still got about 15 weeks or so to go

Still trying to settle on my birth options. I know I'm delivering in hospital with my gynae but I'm just confused about certain things. Going to chat to her when I see her next Thursday.

Old 03-17-10, 12:51 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Welcome! Is this your first? There are so many options for birth and its very good to get on the same page as your OB so you don't end up with surprises. I wrote up a birth plan with my 3rd and took it to my OB after we talked about what I wanted and what he could do. Now my birth plan was very much for a 3rd birth as I knew exactly how my body responded by then. My delivering nurse said it was like following a script

Do you know if you are having a boy or girl? Breast or bottle feeding? Feelings on immunizations at birth? There are so many things to think about and decide even beyond the birth options! Do you have a Pediatrician lined up? Now is the time to start interviewing them.

Laura

Old 03-17-10, 01:18 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

hi there
nope, this is my second

i've written out my birth plan, probably written it out 2 times already lol

we're having a little girl, i am definitely going to give breastfeeding my best shot and i have no idea, haven't thought about immunizations yet. got a ped lined up so that's sorted.

i just wish that you could plan a natural birth better, in other words knowing exactly which day you will go into labour. so many people i know have gone over their due date and being a full time mom, and working full time to name a few things, i wish i could have that planned. i have my heart set on natural so i guess there is nothing i can do about that hehe

Old 03-17-10, 02:30 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I too wish you knew the date and time that labor would start! That's always very stressful for me. Worry that I won't be able to reach my DH and such.

Have you planned for things to go wrong in your birth plan? Usually I see moms plan this ideal birth and when that doesn't happen they get very upset. There are so many variables that can go "wrong". Most of my options included "if everything goes right" or "Under ideal circumstances" I'd like to ..... My second birth was a nightmare experience where we both nearly died and everything went wrong! My first birth was just okay and I felt like a patient with no control over my situation. My 3rd birth was fabulous! I hope my 4th is as great as my 3rd was! Having a detailed, but realistic, birth plan really helped make it a great birth!

My OB had me include my aftercare instructions for the baby and myself on my birth plan. They gave out copies to the nursery and posted it on my door. I had things like no bottles or pacifiers as I was breastfeeding. The baby was only to be removed from my room if one of us went with the baby! I asked for the antibiotic ointment to be delayed for as long as possible after birth. Hospitals do things routinely that I wanted delayed or not at all.

I wanted an epidural ASAP, so your plan will differ then mine that way

I loved my birth plan and will keep it the same for this baby. Everything went so smoothly when I didn't have to rely on my DH to remember anything! After 2 previous births I came to accept that anything I tell him goes out the window at the first contraction and him as a labor support person is a joke! He has many great qualities, but birth support isn't one of them! Having a labor/birth plan helped me feel like I wasn't a one woman show directing everything while in labor or right after.

Laura

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools