Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Pregnancy Message Boards > July - September Due Date Club Elective Cesareans and Elective Inductions...

Elective Cesareans and Elective Inductions...

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 06-01-09, 06:40 AM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 5.5%
Default Elective Cesareans and Elective Inductions...

As they seem to happen less frequently over here than they do in the US I was just interested to find out what are the kinds of reasons that people have them in the US? Are they for pregnancy related problems, OB led or patient led?

How many of you are having elective cesareans/inductions?

Old 06-01-09, 10:24 AM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 13%

I am haivng an elective induction. I was induced with my first two. The first one I was induced because I was late and never ever progressed. My water never broke or anything and I chose an elective induction with my second because I never ever progressed. They had to rupture my water again that time as well. I am seeing a different doctor this time in a different state an hour away from home. He thought it would be a good idea to induce again this time because once in labor starts I go very quickly. I was only in labor with Parker 2 hours. I dont want to be at home by myself with my two kids (DH works nights) and my labor starts. I would not have time to get a sitter and get to the hospital before she was born. So we decided since I am an hour away, easier to find a sitter and I progress rapidly, that we would do a third induction. I have had two easy inductions and hope the thrid is the same. Maybe my epidural will work this time though. It didnt work with number two because the med didnt have time to work before he was born.
This is just my story. I know alot of ppl wouldnt agree with my choice but I know my body and what its capable of and this is the best option for me.

Old 06-01-09, 11:43 AM
is cancer free :)
Community Member

Thanked 432 Times
Weekly Activity 23%

Just lurking here, but I can say after the delivery in my driveway of my second one in March (only 90 minutes from twinge to delivery), I would do the same thing Keepers is doing if I have a third. I was lucky that it happened in the moring while DH was home and I have family near by. That said, it is not an experience I would go through again. What if I were alone? or in a public place? Just my 2 cents!
Thank you amitrat!
Keepers (06-01-09)

Old 06-01-09, 01:30 PM
Community Member

Thanked 86 Times
Weekly Activity 0.5%

I was induced with Micah when I was 37 weeks because I've had underlying kidney issues and my midwife just didn't want to risk anything. And when my midwife broke my water, she said that it probably would not have even broken on its own. And her trying to break it was not fun at all. It took forever. But I did tell my midwife that I have now that there is no way physically or mentally I could go past 40 weeks. Here in the states they will allow women to go up to 42 weeks.

Old 06-01-09, 02:35 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 13%

No way no how will I go past 40 either lol. But we are inducing at 38 weeks so that is good. I have really big babies too. Parker was born at 37 weeks and weighed almost 8lbs. Peyton was 9lbs. This time I would like to have a smaller baby but I dont think that will happen. My doctor said he would rather me have a csection because of a big baby rather than inducing before 38 weeks lol. I dont want a csection though!!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools