Baby Corner

Old 12-21-08, 09:55 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 620%
Default Has anyone talked names yet?

So have you talked names yet with your dh/so?

What'cha got???

I like really simple, traditional names for boys, especially since our last name is hard to pronounce. We already can't agree on a name. I keep saying that if it's a boy, we'll name him Ryan Nicholas, which are the 2 middle names of our boys, andtell him he's named after his 2 best friends, his brothers.

For girls, I still like pretty traditional names, not a huge fan of alternative spellings (usually), but I like slightly fancier names. My grandmother was named Annie and my great grandmother was named Anna. My mother's name is Teresann. I'd like to honor them by using the name "Ann/Annie/anna" etc somehow.

DH and I talked initially and we hardly agreed on anything!

Old 12-21-08, 10:44 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Better come up with 2 names Jeanne...it is probably twins

Old 12-22-08, 11:28 AM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 520%

I believe if it is twins your DH might just faint! LOL. I like Nicholas Ryan. And my SIL is about to name one of her twins Anna (well actually Annabelle) but we are calling her Anna. So I love it!!!

Old 12-22-08, 02:31 PM
Community Member

Thanked 248 Times
Weekly Activity 520%

I like Nicholas Ryan and my DD is Anneliese, most of the time she goes by Anna.

DH and I were talking last week and I mentioned that I keep dreaming about my grandparents. I never thought DH would go for the namesake thing but he totally thinks it's his idea now (don't tell him any different.) So we're set on Carrie Louise or Samuel Elliot.

Old 12-22-08, 02:35 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

Oh wow! I can't imagine being set on names already. Lucky!

We'll change the name 100 times between now and then, which is ok because we don't tell people the names beforehand anyway.
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools