Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

I knew it

Reply Post New Topic

• 3Princes 01-06-09 | 12:06 PM
  • This is my own little personal hell.

I don't have the beta results back yet, but here's what happened.

I went in for the u/s and last week I was measuring 5w5d and today I was measuring 5w6d. The u/s tech, who I love, said it didn't look good. However, you can see something moving. The tech thought it was "maternal pulsation" (aka MY blood flow) but she wasn't sure so she went to ask the ultrasound doctor. The ultrasound doctor compared my scan last week to the one today and said the sac had grown slightly and that she could not be 100% sure that it wasn't a heartbeat. They are almost positive that it's not, but not 100%.

Sooo... since they cannot 100% rule it out they are making me wait another week. The worst part is that the baby could continue to grow, but ultimately it's going to be a miscarriage. She said it could be weeks and weeks until this passes and that I could bleed for weeks at a time if I don't choose the d&c (but she was fine with me choosing either one). But she did say that we should be able to make a decision by next week, but really who knows. I mean, if the baby grows some more then who knows what they'll decide.

She also said I should go back to work. Blah. And then, on the way home a big rock hit my windshield and i have this chip with tons of little spiderweb lines on it.
  • savannah33 savannah33's Avatar 01-06-09 | 12:09 PM

•  
    My heart aches for you and what you're going through.

• Keepers Keepers's Avatar 01-06-09 | 12:10 PM
  • I am sorry. I hope that when you go back next week that your little one is growing with a nice strong hb. Doctors can be wrong, and I hope that they are in your case.
  • countrycutieluv countrycutieluv's Avatar 01-06-09 | 12:12 PM

•  

I'm sorry this is dragging on.They really shouldn't put you through this.
    I will be thinking of you! I'm truly sorry.