Baby Corner

Old 08-29-09, 11:10 AM
Community Member

Thanked 86 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.25%
Default Morgan is in the hospital

This has been one of the most emotional weeks of my life. Before we left the hospital they thought she might have jaundice. She wasn't considered preemie but was right on the border since I was 36 weeks and about 3-4 days when I delivered. So they checked her and I guess her levels were low enough. But since she has not been eating well or pooping her numbers went back up. Went to the ped. office yesterday and they told us to take us to Vanderbilt Children's ER. She will have to be there 3-5days because they also said she may have an infection. But the worst part of it was watching them have to give her an IV in those little arms and catherize her to get urine.

Needless to say I had to leave the room. So we came home last night since I've not had any rest in days. Going back this morning and will update when we know more.

Old 08-29-09, 12:02 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

Oh, I am so sorry! We know all too well about having to have our baby in the hospital! It is really hard. I am sending you and your family lots of hugs. I am sure they are taking good care of her and hopefully she will be home in no time and your sleepless nights will be just because of taking care of her. Keep us updated and we will be thinking of you and baby Morgan.

Old 08-29-09, 01:23 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 32.5%

Oh Alisha I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. I hope Morgan makes a quick recovery and she will be home soon.

Old 08-29-09, 01:48 PM
Community Member

Thanked 248 Times
Weekly Activity 32.5%

I'm so sorry Alisha. I hope the blue lights do the trick and she's home again soon.

Old 08-29-09, 03:02 PM
Lovin My Family!

Thanked 124 Times
Weekly Activity 7.5%

I'm so sorry that you are going through that. My thoughts are with you, and I'm sure she will be home in your arms soon.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools