Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Pregnancy Message Boards > July - September Due Date Club >
Not the news I was hoping for.

Not the news I was hoping for.

Reply Post New Topic

• 3Princes 12-26-08 | 02:24 PM

•  

My beta was 656. Apparently they would like to see it at least at 700 with my first original number. The nurse said now we have to think that....
    A) everything will be fine.
    B) it's a miscarriage.
    C) it's an ectopic.

I am so unbelievably upset right now. So... originally they were going to wait until next Friday to get me a u/s, but now I go back in on Wednesday the 31st for bloodwork and an ultrasound.

I am just hoping and praying everything is ok, but these next few days are going to be horrible to wait.
  • Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 12-26-08 | 02:35 PM

•  
    I am sorry you are having to worry.

First when did you get you this new blood draw? Why are they making you wait until Wednesday for another draw? They should be letting you get one 48 hours after the last. I can understand waiting a bit longer for the u/s if it is too early there is nothing to see anyway, but the blood draw doesn't have to wait that long. Second your number isn't all that low compared to where they would like it, so try not to get too worried.
Thank you Valleygirl!
3Princes (12-28-08)
  • 3Princes 12-26-08 | 02:40 PM
  • I don't know. They originally wanted it to be Thursday until they realized that it was New Year's day. I had the new blood draw today. I had one last Saturday, and then one today. I am 22dpiui today.
  • Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 12-26-08 | 02:44 PM
  • So if you had one today then I would call and ask if you can have your blood done on Monday. Your number is supposed to double in 48-72 hours which would put you in on Sunday or Monday.
Thank you Valleygirl!
3Princes (12-28-08)
  • 3Princes 12-26-08 | 03:00 PM
  • I'm calling now. I'll let ya know what she says.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work