Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Pregnancy Message Boards > July - September Due Date Club Out of difficulties... ...come miracles...

Out of difficulties... ...come miracles...

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 07-16-09, 12:34 AM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 13.75%
Talking Out of difficulties... ...come miracles...

I'll keep this brief but Kara Michelle was born on the 11th July at 7.29pm by emergency c-section. I had been in labour for 42 hours when they found out Kara was breech, and so they whipped her out pretty quickly through the 'sun-roof'.

Kara weighed 7lb 8oz and was 50cm (19.6 inches) long. We are all doing great and came home Tuesday. Have attached pics.

We'd planned a home water-birth, and our pool was inflated, but I never made it in there. They like you to be 5cm dilated before you get in, and because I had a bottom pressing on my cervix, not a head, I didn't fully dilate, I made it to 5cm at home, but as my waters had broken hours before I had to go in to have my labour augmented.

I only made it to 6cm in the hospital and that was hooked up to the syntocin drip, when I was examined internally for the 5th time in hospital the midwife suspected Kara was breech, and everything happened so fast after that. As disappointed as I was about the c-section I am proud that I did all 42 hours naturally, with Neil as my HypnoBirthing 'coach'.

I am sore, and we are tired, overwhelmed and emotional, yet we feel like we have had all our Christmases come at once, and we can't stop smiling. Finally our 10 year journey is over, our beautiful Kara is here. I am a Mummy, and Neil is a Daddy.
Attached Thumbnails
To view attachments in this forum your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Tracey and Neil; 07-16-09 at 12:55 AM. Reason: to add in stats!!

Old 07-16-09, 12:46 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

She is absolutely beautiful and I love nothing more than reading this post that YOU have made Tracey. I can't wait to watch her grow!
Thank you BnBMommy!
Tracey and Neil (07-21-09)

Old 07-16-09, 01:09 AM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

Tracey.. I can't tell you how awesome it is to see this post.

We met on a message board years ago, both waited 10 years to be Mom's, went through hell and back, and now both have beautiful daughters.

Remember our penny wishes? They came true. It really was worth the wait wasn't it?

Love you my friend. Congratulations.
Thank you baby hungry!

Old 07-16-09, 01:49 AM
Community Member

Thanked 126 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

You have a beautiful daughter !! yes miracles often over come difficulties - she is amazing.

Congratulations
Thank you Eskie!

Old 07-16-09, 02:11 AM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 76.25%

You are such a beautiful family! Kara is such a lucky little girl to have a mom and dad that were willing to walk through fire to get her. I am so happy for you

Thank you Valleygirl!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools